That's me done until DC goes

13 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Sooner people realise we are just customers now in football the better. Chairmen (not just Chansiri) don’t care how many years you’ve been going, where you’ve sat, how many generations of your family have trudged through the turnstiles, they care about bank balances and profits. Football now more than ever is a business, it’s a race to the top of a greasy pole where a big pot of gold awaits those that are lucky enough to make it up there. The rest get left floundering in the poo at the bottom. The only bond that remains of a club now is between fans and even we can’t agree and argue most of the time.

Football has changed forever and it’s not coming back.

The sooner some get this the less hurt they’ll be about stuff, like waiting for an apology that will never come 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

The 70s were far worse only blessing we had then was no social media

I was very young in the 70s so have only read about it really. 

What makes it feel worse now for me is two significant things:

-the situation now is after spending millions upon millions of wasted pounds. 
-we don’t even own our own ground now. Might not seem like the worlds biggest thing but for me it’s like selling our heart. And it didn’t even help us!

When things were bad before you always felt someone could come in and make it better. 
Now there is no end in site. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Not missed a home game for 40 years (apart from this year when the ground was closed to fans).

His comments about wanting our refunds and his customer nonsense is the last straw.

He won't get a single penny from me again.

And, I am still waiting for my £280, which for a struggling self-employed Newsagent, is a lot of money.

Happy New Year.

Bye then!

Why do our supporters always seem to turn on others just for having an opinion. Everyone has always been entitled to that and make their own decisions and have done since football began - the difference now is they can choose to publicise it on an Internet forum and not just moan to their mates in the pub.

For what it’s worth - I agree with the OP - for the first time in my 50 year old existence I will also be refraining from offering my previous unwavering support due to the actions / non-actions of our owner who has driven our club into the ground.

Living away from Sheffield makes it easy for me to make that decision, but also means I have access to a demographic of non SWFC football followers much more readily. Up until recently they just viewed us as a ‘big’ club that was struggling like many before. However now they are becoming increasingly aware of yet another traditional English club being systematically destroyed by a foreign owner with apparently little knowledge or experience of the English game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Sayonara.

Don’t understand mate. You support the club not the chairman. Seems a daft statement to me. You can’t just stop supporting because he’s upset you.