That's me done until DC goes

Guest Grandad

If the Chairman struggles to pay the loan back thats secured on the stadium in the next few months - the Chairman might not own the stadium at all 

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Yes. I see your point. It was my sloppy use of ‘We’ in the original answer. 

I think it’s a bad thing that the stadium and club are separated. Do you not think that?

Whilst the stadium & club are under the same ownership, just like lots of clubs in the modern era (our neighbours across the city, rotherham, Tottenham, arsenal & Brighton to name a few off the top of my head) then I don’t see it as a major issue personally. If it ends up in totally different ownership then that is more of a worry, but even if it was still owned by the club directly there was nothing to stop the 100% owner selling it to a third party at any point anyway. 

Guest Grandad
14 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

This is true, but were we not also in similar situations with previous owners?

Absolutely different

As if the club ever went into admin a new owner would buy club and assets from admin

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Makes for a nice excuse when you get fed up of watching them lose all the time but gives off the resemblance that you are a fan with principals.  

Part timers they used to call them years ago.

Whose got the tin hat?

Piety must be very comforting. Is enough never enough? 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Absolutely different

As if the club ever went into admin a new owner would buy club and assets from admin

Probably so, but technically nothing to stop the administrator deciding the best outcome for creditors (which I believe is their primary responsibility) selling the assets separately from the club. 

Like I said above lots of clubs these days have the stadium held in a separate stadium management company with loans(either construction costs or in our neighbours case purchase costs) secured against them. 

22 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Whilst the stadium & club are under the same ownership, just like lots of clubs in the modern era (our neighbours across the city, rotherham, Tottenham, arsenal & Brighton to name a few off the top of my head) then I don’t see it as a major issue personally. If it ends up in totally different ownership then that is more of a worry, but even if it was still owned by the club directly there was nothing to stop the 100% owner selling it to a third party at any point anyway. 

I sincerely hope your right and my worries never to come pass. 
I suppose what really spooked me about the whole shenanigan was the intent behind the sale. 
Ostensibly we sold the stadium to ourselves to solve an FFP issue. Which it still didn’t solve. 
We are now in what certainly feels a worse situation as there is one more variable in play. 

Anyway, the very original post was put up by me over a day ago and it’s a New Year now so I am feeling nothing could go wrong!

Until 5.30 anyway. 
🤞

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 12:35, CircleSeven said:

👍 

Yes. That’s my worry.
Sheffield Wednesday FC and Hillsborough Stadium and now two entities.

We are, I understand, leveraging debt on the stadium.

If DC gets into financial trouble and has to sell us or we go into administration then that leveraged debt can be called in and the Mortgage on the ground means the lender will have first title so can do what they want with the stadium. 

You then can’t realistically get a buyer for the club. Neither the stadium nor the club are going concerns without the other yet they could be in different hands. Potential for a big mess. Anyway, it’s 2021 now so the New Year  me is convinced none of that will happen. 

Do you think sufc could buy the ground,theve been looking for a proper ground for years.If not,who do you think might be interested?

32 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Do you think sufc could buy the ground,theve been looking for a proper ground for years.If not,who do you think might be interested?

Im hoping to buy it for myself. I’m going to just string a big tent over the pitch and live there. 
Im settling in for the apocalypse. Hilsborough has everything you need. Plenty of shops to raid once civilisation has collapsed, running water right by the stadium and you can make the stadium secure or hide out in the South Stand hospitality area if your under attack. 
It’s perfect.