That's me done until DC goes

1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

2 things that annoys me about people on here 

Telling everyone how long they've been a fan for

Announcing they are not going to games 

No one cares

Just attention seeking 

I agree if i felt that way I would walk away from supporting the club and delete my account on here and put my passion in some other interest 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

I don’t get the logic of some people who say we should blindly follow the club and keep paying our hard earned money away

Throwing good money after bad

Sometimes you have to go by your principles and say enough is enough

I’d argue there’s hardships across most football league clubs. I bet you could find that out by jumping into their forums. I don’t get what people mean by enough is enough though. What’s enough? 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

So you're completely unable to say what improvements the chairman has made (if any) or if he's come in and ruined your club but you will 100% back him without question?

Precisely.

I reckon that most supporters are like me. They love the Wednesday pay their dues and leave the running of the club to those who do.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Fair enough. Some fans are upset and I get that. It’s their money if they want to keep it in their pockets until DC goes then that’s their prerogative.

I very much felt the same way during the Dave Allen years. There are some striking resemblances now as to then but a crucial difference is I think DC has a heart and DA was a cold hearted business man who never realised that football is the most unique business of them all.

Where DC has gone wrong IMO is he’s perhaps tried too hard to please the fan base. He bought us Rhodes. He went British with Bruce, Monk and Pulis because that’s what the fans wanted. 

I think because English is not his primary language, a lot of things get lost in translation and some of what he says are not meant to come across as harshly as they perhaps do?

I think where DA had a battle with Wednesdayite, DC is going to have a similar battle in the future with the supporters trust?

The trust just like Wednesdayite did come across as holier than thou. Now I’m not saying DC and the club shouldn’t be held accountable for certain things by a group that supposedly has the fans interest at heart and I’m sure they do but let’s face it, the trust are saying DC should do this and DC should do that? I think if they ever found themselves on the other side of the fence they would get a shock and subsequently struggle? Let’s not forget the fans owned us for many years and that went well, didn’t it?

I expect the usual suspects to pull this post to bits and they are entitled to do so but if I had any advice for DC going forward. When it comes to the appointment of the next manager. Don’t listen to your chief advisor, don’t listen to the fans. Go with your gut, appoint someone who plays the kind of football you want to see played and there’s every chance that things will improve all round particularly on the pitch and yourself, the supporters trust, Wednesdayite, your OT critics and the rest of the fan base base will live happily ever after?

Who knows in a few years time David Walliams might get to do a comedy on Sky One about it? 🤣

An outbreak of reason, constructive criticism and perspective. Very rare on here and all the better for being free of the dog whistle xenophobia that characterises too many posts. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think it's a fine idea and no one surely would slag someone off for giving constructive advice.

Apologies if I got this wrong or mixed you up - but don't you criticise the Trust? (As I said - I might be wrong)

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I agree if i felt that way I would walk away from supporting the club and delete my account on here and put my passion in some other interest 

Why should he delete his account on here?

4 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Not missed a home game for 40 years (apart from this year when the ground was closed to fans).

His comments about wanting our refunds and his customer nonsense is the last straw.

He won't get a single penny from me again.

And, I am still waiting for my £280, which for a struggling self-employed Newsagent, is a lot of money.

Happy New Year.

I said this on 5th March 2016.

Not been to Hillsborough since. Been to a few away games but nothing other than that. 

Guest Grandad
Just now, Drones club said:

An outbreak of reason, constructive criticism and perspective. Very rare on here and all the better for being free of the dog whistle xenophobia that characterises too many posts. 

You really think this is about where he comes from?

REALLY??

Since 5live reported the press briefing and actually played a snippet Chansiri having a go at Pulis, I've become a laughing stock among my none Wednesday mates and as I live down South that's all of them.

Revenge is difficult, I'm not a season ticket holder so can't not renew, instead I've decided to hit him in the pocket by not buying tuna until he's no longer chairman.

His family have lost £3.50 from me in sales today alone - bought some nice gals pie instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Apologies if I got this wrong or mixed you up - but don't you criticise the Trust? (As I said - I might be wrong)

Why should he delete his account on here?

Criticise in that I would say that they haven't any teeth or financial backing or major business acumen.  If they can build bridges between him and the fans then I would applaud that.  Other than that I can't see the point of  them but would love it if they proved me wrong and managed to get the club moving forward.  

You can't delete your account.  Trapped in the Matrix. 

10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’d argue there’s hardships across most football league clubs. I bet you could find that out by jumping into their forums. I don’t get what people mean by enough is enough though. What’s enough? 

I’m just saying deriding one fan as some people have for choosing not to give the club any more money isn’t progressive.

He or she are fine to choose that approach going forward and shouldn’t be derided.

They’re still a fan and protesting in the only way they have available to them

Edited by Gerinako
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Not missed a home game for 40 years (apart from this year when the ground was closed to fans).

His comments about wanting our refunds and his customer nonsense is the last straw.

He won't get a single penny from me again.

And, I am still waiting for my £280, which for a struggling self-employed Newsagent, is a lot of money.

Happy New Year.

Can I have your loyalty points 😂🤣

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Since 5live reported the press briefing and actually played a snippet Chansiri having a go at Pulis, I've become a laughing stock among my none Wednesday mates and as I live down South that's all of them.

Revenge is difficult, I'm not a season ticket holder so can't not renew, instead I've decided to hit him in the pocket by not buying tuna until he's no longer chairman.

His family have lost £3.50 from me in sales today alone - bought some nice gals pie instead.

Works both ways I bought 2 tins of tuna this morning and I hate the stuff

11 minutes ago, Drones club said:

What a bizarre post 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
12 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Criticise in that I would say that they haven't any teeth or financial backing or major business acumen.  If they can build bridges between him and the fans then I would applaud that.  Other than that I can't see the point of  them but would love it if they proved me wrong and managed to get the club moving forward.  

You can't delete your account.  Trapped in the Matrix. 

It was more that you were saying nobody would criticse people who offer constructive criticism.

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Absolutely right. Id say that everything is going exactly to his plan at the club. I don't know what the endgame will be other than selling up or receiving a worldwide ban for his activities. 

But the route we take to that end game is guaranteed to be a nightmare for us fans. 

The won't apologise as he's doesn't believe he has anything to apologise for. 

Look back over history and find any despot or dictator who actually said they were sorry. 

He has no intention of selling the club as he's enjoying himself too much. 

I would say you are wrong