That's me done until DC goes

1 hour ago, mark1948 said:

Now more than ever in the clubs history does the club need its fans to become supporters and, where possible, give your financial and emotional support to the clu. Clearly if your finances are such that you cant provide financial support you should try to be positive about the club

Negativity breeds Negativity. 

Get behind the Club and put aside your beefs.

Happy clapping??....

44 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

2 things that annoys me about people on here 

Telling everyone how long they've been a fan for

Announcing they are not going to games 

No one cares

Just attention seeking 

it may be from some,i dont know,but people who have supported the club for decades saying they have had enough has the ring of truth to me....guess we will see next season(if allowed) See how many renew their tickets....

Gotta a feeling we might see a price increase..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Might be an idea for business minded Wednesday fans to get together and offer their advice, experience and knowledge to the club.  

The vast majority of football club owners are from a business background that have generally been successful in their businesses life, yet look at the state of the most football clubs.

It’s as if they loose all common sense when it comes to the running of a football club, putting the business of the club at serious risk in chasing the dream, utter madness..

This cycle will never change until the football authorities force change with a sustainable plan.

Cant see that happening anytime soon, enjoy the Merry go round, or step away.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Ridiculous fans saying they're  done till he goes,  you're just penalizing yourselves, fair enough don't support him but for gods sake support your team. 3 points against Derby tomorrow and I'll bet some fans with this attitude get back on board.

You can support the club but not the man. We could be mid table and I would want him out. He has not future here. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark1948 said:

Now more than ever in the clubs history does the club need its fans to become supporters and, where possible, give your financial and emotional support to the clu. Clearly if your finances are such that you cant provide financial support you should try to be positive about the club

Negativity breeds Negativity. 

Get behind the Club and put aside your beefs.

I love my country but that doesnt mean I cant criticise the way it is being run by those in charge.

Same with Wednesday.

Many people love Sheffield Wednesday on here and the club is a big part of thier life and cant sit by and say nothing when it's going down the toilet.

• Like 1

Just now, Bark1062 said:

The vast majority of football club owners are from a business background that have generally been successful in their businesses life, yet look at the state of the most football clubs.

It’s as if they loose all common sense when it comes to the running of a football club, putting the business of the club at serious risk in chasing the dream, utter madness..

This cycle will never change until the football authorities force change with a sustainable plan.

And when you look at the number of businesses which fail in the first five years is staggeringly high, must take a very special person to keep getting it right.  

46 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’d argue there’s hardships across most football league clubs. I bet you could find that out by jumping into their forums. I don’t get what people mean by enough is enough though. What’s enough? 

Read the thread from people who have said such,its plain enough...

49 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I agree if i felt that way I would walk away from supporting the club and delete my account on here and put my passion in some other interest 

Not supporting a current regime at S6 doesnt amount to not supporting the Club,many exiled SWFC fans  continue supporting their club Worldwide.

Ditto deleting an account on here,you think only fans who attend match's should be able to post on 'Owlstalk'?

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Not supporting a current regime at S6 doesnt amount to not supporting the Club,many exiled SWFC fans  continue supporting their club Worldwide.

Ditto deleting an account on here,you think only fans who attend match's should be able to post on 'Owlstalk'?

Try deleting your account, 10 pence if you can work out how. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I love my country but that doesnt mean I cant criticise the way it is being run by those in charge.

Same with Wednesday.

Many people love Sheffield Wednesday on here and the club is a big part of thier life and cant sit by and say nothing when it's going down the toilet.

You have every right to criticise your club and I haven't said that i disagree. All I have said is that supporters support financially and with their hearts withdrawing support is negative. Criticise all you like but keep supporting.

By the way. I reckon the vast majority of Fans and supporters, like me, know absolutely nothing of what is, has, or will happen in the management of the club. People in my position can't criticise because they know nothing.

4 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Five weeks early.

IT'S LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHEN MY BIRTHDAY IS

Mine's on the 12th January - every year - and I'm not going on about it.

That's right, a week on Tuesday. 12 days time - if you don't include today. I'm a Capricorn btw.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, parajack said:

it may be from some,i dont know,but people who have supported the club for decades saying they have had enough has the ring of truth to me....guess we will see next season(if allowed) See how many renew their tickets....

Gotta a feeling we might see a price increase..

Good for them 

Will they be creating a attention seeking thread too? 

I really don't think anyone cares how long someone has supported the club 

8 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

For me, you need two entities within the club.

One with an MD at the top that looks after the business side such as ticket sales, hospitality, sponsorships, advertising etc.

The other to look after the football side of things such as coaches, players, managers, scouts etc with an experienced Director of Football at the top.

The DOF and MD report to the chairman and otherwise run their departments separately and not interfering in each other’s affairs. The MD sets the DOFs overall budget based on revenue from the business side. If the chairman wants to chuck a few Bob at it, he can. But not to the extent the business would be insolvent if it wasn’t for his input. 

2 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

You have every right to criticise your club and I haven't said that i disagree. All I have said is that supporters support financially and with their hearts withdrawing support is negative. Criticise all you like but keep supporting.

By the way. I reckon the vast majority of Fans and supporters, like me, know absolutely nothing of what is, has, or will happen in the management of the club. People in my position can't criticise because they know nothing.

You not got an opinion? do you vote in elections? have you got a degree in Politics?....dont need one do you to have an opinion?..