THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

45 minutes ago, Treborowl said:

What a one-sided, unrealistic, almost megalomaniac point of view. Can I say that?

Agree.  The social media fan is also the fan who pre COVID went to games and now pays to watch Wednesday on IFollow.  Not pumping millions of pounds into the club like you DC but that is part of the problem.  You don’t value fans spending their hard earned brass on the Club. Is something lost in translation or is it Total arrogance? 

BTW, thanks for the coverage this morning Neil.  Top notch.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Well. Tnat was a well-wasted 45mins of my time. Could we as posgters, keep our gobs shut until the chap has finished. By all means , pull the chap to pieces, it's wht a forum is for. But for heavens sake, let the chap say his piece first.

As for 'out Chansiri', you have now got the opportunity. Simply put your money where your mouth is! And expect it to be near if not well into 10 figures.

Dont be silly,& stop 'happy clapping'...thats not the fans contribution...we supply the passion & the support,the demand for the football product....The Club/Chairman provide the finances & the leadership....to best utilize said demand,sell sponsorship,TV rights,etc...

Each has a completely different role,...but as we have seen in the lockdown equaly important.'put your money where your mouth is' would be a suitable repast to a Multi millionaire....no one else

Football without 'fans' is passionless & sterile....would wither on the vine without us being there.....

Football Chairman know that Football Clubs in general are/can be loss making & come into it with their eyes open.....but they have the money to choose to come into a Club,sometimes with disastrous consequences...

I always find it hilarious that people are hurt that Chansiri isn’t pandering or apologising to us fans.

When do business owners ever apologise to their customers? When has Richard Branson ever apologised? Michael O’Leary? Has Boris Johnson apologised to the public at any point in the last 12 months? 

People seem engraved in this culture that football is somehow different from all that. Chairman’s have absolutely no affiliation with their club, they’re not a fan. Chansiri isn’t a Sheffield native residing in Dore. He’s here to make money and doesn’t see it even 1% the same as us. When he’s criticised he’ll get defensive. Whether that’s personality or culture, but how can you honestly expect this to change after 5 years? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

The Pulis stuff might have been entertaining, but it was childish, pointless and worst of all totally unprofessional.

You employ a very well connected and experienced English manager then sack him after 10 games and badmouth him in public.  The only result is you won't get another decent manager, you will be marked as toxic.  The reason owners and managers don't talk about each other after sackings isn't because of non disclosure agreements, its simply because it damages both parties.

This guy is just a child in a mans body and doesn't have the first idea of what he is doing.

"I know you are, you said you are, so what am I?"

2 hours ago, vulva said:

As with Jos, and Monk, it appears a few senior players at the club run the whole thing. The same senior players who haven’t performed for well over 3 years. 

This, this and this^

DC will have his work cutout if he is ever going to seem credible.

And it wouldn’t surprise me if Pulis was a...

But most depressing for me is the players and their attitudes over the last few years.

Sounds like at least 3 managers have now had problems with them and this time even though he brought the ‘messiah’ back into the fold.

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Why is it a cosy little bubble exactly? 

You’ve paid money to watch football at Hillsborough and can’t go - it’s nothing substantial, it’s nothing tangible, that money was gone anyway 

Now you’ve lost 2 hours at the match there is some sort of massive desperation to have that money back? 

Don’t get it

Principle...whats not to get??...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malkmus said:

But most depressing for me is the players and their attitudes over the last few years.

Sounds like at least 3 managers have now had problems with them and this time even though he brought the ‘messiah’ back into the fold.

It comes from the top and is what you get if there is no leadership or consistency.  There is no discipline or chain of resposibility and nobody cares.

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Someone who doesn't actually put any money into the club but spreads negativity and discontent (i.e. those who use illegal streams to watch games and then take to Twitter to slag Wednesday off).

What about someone who has applied for a refund but refuses to support Chansiri any further - by paying to use other teams iFollow or the Red Button wherever possible? 

And uses Twitter and other forms of social media to express their discntent with the running of the club? But over the years has been a season ticket holder every year, has invested in the Chairmans hare-brained schemes like Club 1867, consistently supported club events, made donations to the Academy etc??

Are they 'worse than a customer'?

Just now, Grandad said:

What about someone who has applied for a refund but refuses to support Chansiri any further - by paying to use other teams iFollow or the Red Button wherever possible? 

And uses Twitter and other forms of social media to express their discntent with the running of the club? But over the years has been a season ticket holder every year, has invested in the Chairmans hare-brained schemes like Club 1867, consistently supported club events, made donations to the Academy etc??

Are they 'worse than a customer'?

They're a customer. Theyve paid money and haven't had it back. They have every right to request a return of their monies and be disgruntled for having not received them back.