THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

If you think about it - what Chansiri just did is a totally identical presser to Dave Allen when he was here

Fans are to blame

I'm getting grief on social media

My family are getting abuse on social media

I put money into this club
What are the critics doing for this club?
I'm the one who stands to lose my money

It's the managers fault
It's the players fault
I speak the truth
Fans don't like hearing the truth

etc etc

Literally word for word point by point

Identical

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, parajack said:

Players fragile confidence? makes me puke what a WOKE World we live in...! 1000 people died in the UK on Tues,Wed was it? & TP has to worry about his comments to Players on money most can only dream about????

How about the players f***ing well come out & man up,& prove him wrong? ....

Yes . the amount of £ someone is paid completely removes all human traits.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Itstill.mathematically possible for United to get into the European places but I bet Wilder wouldn't insult the fans' intelligence by suggesting that is possible.

So no, it isn't nitpicking when combined with all the other rot he has spouted.

So you're comparing what a foreign owner who's English isn't brilliant would say to what an English manager might not say? Hmmm good comparison. It is totally nit picking, he's said play offs will be tough from here which is correct ,and he's said our sole aim is survival which is also correct, nothing to see here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

PRESS BRIEFING ENDS

How did I do?

WAs that ok for you?

I've not managed to read the thread or let what he said sink in yet

So basically...

Pulis is a liar (can adapt style of play and the players were good enough, but then said the players weren't good enough and couldn't change the style), then wanted to leave but wouldn't wait for legal stuff to be sorted so got sacked before he could damage the club.

Monk has lied about underlying issues as there are none that DC is aware of.

Fans need to stop complaining because they are damaging the club and nobody will buy the club if fans are complaining.

Fans are fans and not customers, but fans buy tickets to watch football just as they would a movie, like customers. 

The club is not for sale. He has no intention of selling, unless an offer he can't refuse comes in then he would sell, or the fans can buy him out. 

Well thats all as clear as it possibly could ever be int it. 

Good effort though @owlstalk in the updates! Cheers!!!

I'm gointo out now to buy some rose tinted specs in the January sales so I can complain about nothing!! 

UTO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you think about it - what Chansiri just did is a totally identical presser to Dave Allen when he was here

Fans are to blame

It's the managers fault
It's the players fault
I speak the truth

etc etc

Identical

But nothing is ever Chansiri's fault. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans are to blame

It's the managers fault
It's the players fault
I speak the truth

etc etc

Identical

It’s fair to say if you have been successful in life, you are going to have something of an ego. I am going to forget the part about blaming the fans, that is just nonsense. In respect of the rest, both Dave Allen and Chansiri are right. They have been badly let down by people at the club and it has cost them lots of money, which they cannot hide the resentment. The critical point missing, is who employed and bought these people in the first place.......oh, that was you 😀

Just now, Pieman said:

It’s fair to say if you have been successful in life, you are going to have something of an ego. I am going to forget the part about blaming the fans, that is just nonsense. In respect of the rest, both Dave Allen and Chansiri are right. They have been badly let down by people at the club and it has cost them lots of money, which they cannot hide the resentment. The critical point missing, is who employed and bought these people in the first place.......oh, that was you 😀

100%

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

The Pulis stuff might have been entertaining, but it was childish, pointless and worst of all totally unprofessional.

You employ a very well connected and experienced English manager then sack him after 10 games and badmouth him in public.  The only result is you won't get another decent manager, you will be marked as toxic.  The reason owners and managers don't talk about each other after sackings isn't because of non disclosure agreements, its simply because it damages both parties.

This guy is just a child in a mans body and doesn't have the first idea of what he is doing.

• Like 5

I thought it would be bad, but this truly exceeded expectations.  Totally unprofessional with regard to Pulis, both in his initial criticisms (just let it go and move on) and the expectation that his appointment would bring attacking football.  The appointment alone is enough to highlight Chansiri’s ineptitude.  What followed was mostly rambling nonsense, he’s a fool and the club are screwed.  

• Like 2

Firstly you have to give DC credit for doing this there aren’t many chairman around doing 2 hour q&a’s with journalists especially when he knows it’s going to be a rough ride, so hats off to him for that.

Hes made a lot of mistakes has Chansiri and I still don’t think he gets Sheffield folk and Wednesdayites as a fan base as a whole yet. He’s right some are overly negative but he should be looking at why the negative comments and look to ways of sorting those issues. IMO his biggest single issue that’s holding him back is he is based abroad and at the current moment cannot be in Sheffield. For somebody that likes to be a hands on owner that’s no good for any club/manager/employee. He’s detached yet wants to run it hands on, he can’t gauge a mood of current feeling from the other side of the world other than social media and fans forums like this which don’t always paint a true reflection either way. He desperately needs someone based at the club running the day to day especially whilst he’s marooned in Thailand and a CEO or DOF to help him has to be a must. Even if it’s just a middle man between management/players and the owner himself. I struggle to untethered he is so against this idea?

If he’s not prepared to highlight his shortcomings and resolve them this circus will just go on and on.

• Like 1

Good to have gotten a new advisor in, but a bit confused why the club under Chansiri has always seemed to depend on personal advisors instead of placing people in permanent roles. Surely he has to see that it's in the best interests of the club to get people properly embedded and able to work independently rather than continuing to run everything through him. Seemingly creating a very dysfunctional management structure.

Sadly, there are very few people in football who actually care about building good back offices, most of them are in it to line their own pockets, but it's shocking that we haven't at least been able to appoint someone to run day to day finances. 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans are to blame

It's the managers fault
It's the players fault
I speak the truth

etc etc

Identical

you forgot abuse of family 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To put £millions into a football club to see it in it’s current state, with no light at the end of the tunnel, with everyone pointing the blame at you, must be incredibly upsetting and frustrating. I do sympathise with him re this.

I believe Chansiri’s intentions are good, although this isn’t praise, why wouldn’t they be.

If anyone is kicking off or whining about their season ticket refund – just wait like most are, you’re obviously going to get it.

Fans vent on social media when things are bad, they go over the top when things are good, this is no different to any social media community – Chansiri using this as ammo against the fans is extremely naïve, and the suggestion the negativity is influencing potential buyers is just insulting and so clearly false.

Doesn’t seem to realise “fans” are different people with different backgrounds, views and levels of intelligence. Expressing any point using the “fans told me to do X”, “fans wanted Y” is highly concerning and maybe shows how out of touch he really is.

I’m indifferent to the Pulis situation and comments, his criticisms are one side of the argument.

If it’s true that when we submit the accounts FFP issues are resolved, why not elaborate on that point as an overwhelming positive? With any meeting or appraisal the aim should always be to end with a way forward. Very hard to take this at face value.

My conclusion – unless he is willing to hand over day to day controls to a competent CEO and management team, we really need him out our club as soon as possible

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans are to blame

It's the managers fault
It's the players fault
I speak the truth

etc etc

Identical

So he sued / banned fans who disagreed with him too?

• Haha 1