THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

Sorry if it's been covered (haven't got time to look through 55 pages), I really dont get him going on about Pulis so much and how bad the football was. It shows a total lack of knowledge about football. Everyone knows about Pulis and how his teams play! Worrying who he will through it to next.

Just now, elyowl1 said:

Was still open last year under a different name, had a good ten years of ownership. 

Lease was up and I didn't renew as I was no longer working in the Gib/Costa area. 

We're only dealing with failing businesses and owners that don't know their @rse from their elbow in this thread...... lol:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

Just now, TINGLE75 said:

Sorry if it's been covered (haven't got time to look through 55 pages), I really dont get him going on about Pulis so much and how bad the football was. It shows a total lack of knowledge about football. Everyone knows about Pulis and how his teams play! Worrying who he will through it to next.

If this went through the advisors too...

But, having said that, he appointed him on the proviso he alter his style. I think DC was hoodwinked from the start.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

‘or at least employ people who are’

Sally, this is exactly what I am saying. In 5 sentences you disagreed with me and then agreed with me. Advisors/employees - what’s the difference? The point is, he needs better ones than have presided over the last 3/4 years.

19 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

They are getting one? 

Im just not buying into it people screaming for refunds

If a season ticket refund is the difference between getting by everyday - you shouldn’t be getting one.

If I was paying £50 a month for a season ticket and there was no rainy day fund in case of emergency - I wouldn’t go to the game. 

Pretty simple really

And if you’re running a business and haven’t got the wherewithal to refund “customers “ who haven’t got what they paid for......? 

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

This doesn't pass the smell test. A new computer system shouldn't cause these problems. If it does dig out the back ups for the old system and use that to issue refunds

I'm not blaming DC for this but someone has screwed up somewhere if what he says is true. They need a rocket up their bum to get it sorted. On the other hand I suspect it's cash flow orientated as in 'there isn't any'. If that's the case say so but understand the people you owe the money too might have cash flow issues of their own and might be struggling. Some people might not have any income due to lockdown.

Maybe those who want refunds could transfer the refund to purchase goods from the shop ,it would take the pressure off if revenue

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

People complain about DC as a businessman, but there’s no way a proper businessman would allow a company with such disastrous Cashflow issues to start paying out refunds.

There's a legal responsibility to refund customers if you can't supply the product. Don't forget a lot of customers have their own cash flow issues .

I'm not saying it's easy.

4 minutes ago, Treborowl said:

What a one-sided, unrealistic, almost megalomaniac point of view. Can I say that?

There is an element of truth to what he says though 

It can be toxic on here towards the team when we loose and even when we win it’s not always sweetness and light

• Like 1

Just now, Pieman said:

Sally, this is exactly what I am saying. In 5 sentences you disagreed with me and then agreed with me. Advisors/employees - what’s the difference? The point is, he needs better ones than have presided over the last 3/4 years.

Advisers are people who he leans on for advice. Not people who are part of the club doing things in solely the best interests of SWFC.

How many other clubs are the chairman’s advisers helping? It’s not the way I’d do things and it’s not the way a lot of successful clubs operate. 

He needs to appoint a dedicated CEO and I’d even go as far as saying a Director of Football. Two positions who work for the club and for the club only. Not agents advising him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, akbuk said:

Maybe those who want refunds could transfer the refund to purchase goods from the shop ,it would take the pressure off if revenue

Some might do that, others might need the money to pay the bills.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

There's a legal responsibility to refund customers if you can't supply the product. Don't forget a lot of customers have their own cash flow issues .

I'm not saying it's easy.

Not if you read the terms and conditions of the sale of a season ticket

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on FFP

If you want to push and not risk FFP  breaches, it’s impossible… 

People say about players and coaches, but you have to be realistic. It’s easy to say things without responsibility.

I try my best, that’s all I can say. Many clubs also have a problem, you can see. But they don’t try to push, so they don’t have problems. Many clubs for sure are in the same situation.

£13m per annum is enough leeway to be competitive if you're smart. If you're not you can spend/lose €30m and still be a mile off.

For a year we were smart 

Guest Mcguigan
38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Will Wednesday have FFP issues again?

I am going to try and make it not happen again.

If you push, you are going to get some issues.

We have lost a lot of money in the past. It is not easy because of FFP.

All I can say is I try my best.

Many clubs have problems with FFP.

We’ve got FFP on the horizon as soon as the 18/19 accounts are published and imo another possible points deduction for a second consecutive breach of the limits. The only reason we will avoid one is if the EFL take into account that DC is now tightening the purse strings on wages and transfers.

DC tends to do these before the crap hits fan, then he’s not heard of for 12 months.

21 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Thanks Neil.

I enjoyed that. I will give him one thing, he isn’t afraid to speak his mind.

There are big cultural differences, especially round the use of social media, which he has to deal with better. I hate reading the excessive negativity on this site when we lose, but I just log off for a day or two and let it blow over. He clearly takes things personally, when it is part of a much wider issue (social media use in general), which i suspect is different to how social media is used in the Far East.

His biggest strength and biggest weakness, seems to be his trusting nature. He takes people at their word. He doesn’t then like it when they change their tune - which I like e.g. Monk said the players were good enough, Pulis said he could play different styles. The question we are all asking, is why are these statements being believed in the first place, who is giving him his second and third opinion? Bottom line, he needs better advisors, going forward.

Good, objective summary.

I acknowledge some of the things he says, even if the way he comes across doesn't exactly make you warm to him. Maybe it's a cultural or language thing.

I still think his biggest problem is a mixture of naiveite and lack of knowledge of the game. For example, he wants attacking football, but employed Pulis. Anyone one of us on Owlstalk could have pointed out the contradiction, but he allowed himself to be talked into it. He obviously does understand he needs advice from others, but insists on being hands on, which is why he employs "advisors" rather than delegating responsibility to a Sporting Director. And I fear some of those advisors are running rings round DC - they sometimes have agendas of their own and don't always have the best interests of the club at heart.

Perhaps my biggest worry is lack of any sort of vision for the club and plan going forward. Everything seems to be short term and as a reaction to events, and nothing he said today suggests to me that's changed.

Edited by Roy Of The Roasters
  • Like 2