THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Equally, if the season ticket money were the difference between keeping the club running or not being able to pay the players' wages, I wouldn't spaff £8m plus wages on Jordan Rhodes.

:Chansiri:

perhaps the players could be asked to refund the season ticket holders? I had to take a 10% salary cut without any negotiation

1 minute ago, meggoisgod said:

perhaps the players could be asked to refund the season ticket holders? I had to take a 10% salary cut without any negotiation

It is a shame that the players didn't take a slight wage cut to cover some running costs of the club. That would have been a really positive message of solidarity.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

Can someone explain what being worse than a customer means 

also what expletives would be used to describe this

thanks in advance

Clearly Chansiri believes customers shouldn't ask for a refund when they don't get what they have paid for. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

thanks in advance

Someone who doesn't actually put any money into the club but spreads negativity and discontent (i.e. those who use illegal streams to watch games and then take to Twitter to slag Wednesday off).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, owlsdreamer said:

thanks in advance

It's someone who buys something continually complains about the product even though it's as described and working perfectly,in my experience there are not if these around

5 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Thanks Neil.

I enjoyed that. I will give him one thing, he isn’t afraid to speak his mind.

There are big cultural differences, especially round the use of social media, which he has to deal with better. I hate reading the excessive negativity on this site when we lose, but I just log off for a day or two and let it blow over. He clearly takes things personally, when it is part of a much wider issue (social media use in general), which i suspect is different to how social media is used in the Far East.

His biggest strength and biggest weakness, seems to be his trusting nature. He takes people at their word. He doesn’t then like it when they change their tune - which I like e.g. Monk said the players were good enough, Pulis said he could play different styles. The question we are all asking, is why are these statements being believed in the first place, who is giving him his second and third opinion? Bottom line, he needs better advisors, going forward.

He doesn’t need better advisors. We’ve been saying this for years now. He’s a grown man running a huge business. He should be a lot more savvy to the industry or at least employ people who are. He refuses to do so and hence why we are where we are

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

PRESS BRIEFING ENDS

How did I do?

WAs that ok for you?

I've not managed to read the thread or let what he said sink in yet

Thanks Neil. Appreciate the update.

Happy new year to everyone and your families. 

Lets hope it is a better 2021 for everyone.

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Why is it a cosy little bubble exactly? 

You’ve paid money to watch football at Hillsborough and can’t go - it’s nothing substantial, it’s nothing tangible, that money was gone anyway 

Now you’ve lost 2 hours at the match there is some sort of massive desperation to have that money back? 

Don’t get it

Seems to be a few things you don’t get

like a bit of compassion for starters

like I said,I’m not in that situation but I empathise ,unlike some on here

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on season ticket refunds: tried to get refunds back within a few months, says he always keeps his words and fans will get refunds at the end of things, it's just a bit slow and calling for patience

This doesn't pass the smell test. A new computer system shouldn't cause these problems. If it does dig out the back ups for the old system and use that to issue refunds

I'm not blaming DC for this but someone has screwed up somewhere if what he says is true. They need a rocket up their bum to get it sorted. On the other hand I suspect it's cash flow orientated as in 'there isn't any'. If that's the case say so but understand the people you owe the money too might have cash flow issues of their own and might be struggling. Some people might not have any income due to lockdown.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I want to ask the social media fan, the minority fan that is always negative. Even wehn we win, always negative or whatever.

I want to know what they are doing for this club, beside moaning or being negative.

When we did good, it was because of fans. When not good, it is because of me.

When we do good, those fans want to come with us. You do not know when people are good when you are in a good situation, you find out when it is bad.

The minority, who are always negative, they always try to damage the club. We try to bring revenue in, but because of negative, why always negative with no face or name?

What a one-sided, unrealistic, almost megalomaniac point of view. Can I say that?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Out of interest. is that bar now languishing in the old fourth division? lol

Was still open last year under a different name, had a good ten years of ownership. 

Lease was up and I didn't renew as I was no longer working in the Gib/Costa area. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Things get lost in translation, his PR is absolutely awful, he says things he shouldn’t - should I go on?

It’s embarrassing in my opinion. 

That's not a chief execs job he may need a better publicity department but not a chief exec he is it .

In my opinion he does need other board members/shareholders that can hold him to account.