THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

He didn’t say this though? Correct me if I’m wrong.

I thought he said fans can buy him out if they’re not happy with the way he’s running it. 

Didn’t he also say he’s had offers before but it’s not his intention to sell.

So I don’t get why people think he’s trying to get out? 

Am fairly sure he’s mentioned today more than once about cash flow issues,  which are obvious and serious 

You don’t do that if your not wanting to sell 

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It has

But if he's not a shareholder then why is a club official advisor making that claim?

There is more to this than Chansiri is letting on. Supposedly been an advisor for over a year but  it's only just come to light,  the said advisor starts interacting with fans on plans for future. Also has Wednesday shareholder on his profile before quickly taking it off..  Maybe he got a head of himself  before being ratified  by EFL so was told to take it off?? 

2 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

Someone who doesn't actually put any money into the club but spreads negativity and discontent (i.e. those who use illegal streams to watch games and then take to Twitter to slag Wednesday off).

But thats part of the problem isnt it? the assumption that if you dont/cant attend,dont buy ifollow,that you are somehow  'a lesser supporter'..many cant attend(work/child care,separated parents kids at the Weekend etc) many others simply cant afford it any more(some people still dont get that)

Many support the the Club via local radio...ALL  are equal in terms of passion,but if you only value the fan who pays at the turnstile,than truly we are only 'customers'

Total nonsense as eg,without the TV viewing fan(who is the true armchair supporter!!) there would be no TV or SKY money would there?...& that huge paypot has led to the fans gate reciepts being seen as small change in the overall picture

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Am fairly sure he’s mentioned today more than once about cash flow issues,  which are obvious and serious 

You don’t do that if your not wanting to sell 

I just think he says what’s on his mind with no filter. It’s just the way he is. 

Really needs to get a PR person to media train him, but I doubt he has any intention of doing that.

I remember at one of the fans forum someone saying how mortified Katrien Meire looked when DC was talking. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It has

But if he's not a shareholder then why is a club official advisor making that claim?

Maybe he doesn't know the difference between an advisor and a shareholder. Maybe he does know but thought shareholder would impress people more, in which case how much else on there is not strictly true but just there to impress people?

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on accountability

The fans can blame me. I have no issue.

The minority try to say how bad I am. I ask the minority what they are doing for the club.

If they don't like me, they don't need to get involved.

I feel sorry for me that I have lost a lot of money.

I am not saying I am a good or bad owner.

Sometimes the fans don't like what I have to say.

Swap out the word fans for customer and imagine it’s a random shop instead of a club and then read this again

Owlstalk Shop

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

UBERFANS HAVE REALLY CAUSED A MASSIVE PROBLEM HERE

Skip to 2 minutes
LIsten to this

Chansiri says very clearly that he had a meeting with our fans (fans forum) and in that meeting our fans basically fawned over him, said all Wednesday fans would back him no matter what, and would support him financially but that it didn't happen as they told him it would

Is he saying that the sycophants who give him standing ovations are the ones who've caused and created this mess by giving him an unrealistic picture of how the fanbase actually is?

It's at two minutes in - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p092sdm8

It shows a certain naivety to believe what a few fans said was representative of 10's of thousands.