THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

9 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I bailed out of the thread this morning at about page 16 after hearing enough and needing to start work. Can someone summarise how it all ended up please?

There’s a packet of polos in it for you. Cheers.

You'd not believe me if I told you

On Twitter all I did was post direct quotes from Chansiri and had to block his sycophants for saying I'm not a Wednesday fans and troublecausing

lol

The local press had the same abuse

For simply posting what Chansiri had said - word for word - and with no commentary alongside it

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, Treborowl said:

over 60s don't count?

You’ve  misread my quote I was responding to a reply to my original message that was on about the group chats I’m in 

the people in my group chats are aged between 20s to late 50s 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Still working, so no time to read. If you could summarise in short bullets I’d appreciate it please Neil.

If you PM me your address I’ll send you a packet of polos. Generous to a fault me.

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I bailed out of the thread this morning at about page 16 after hearing enough and needing to start work. Can someone summarise how it all ended up please?

There’s a packet of polos in it for you. Cheers.

same as always bud , no ones any wiser  lol  but we do know Alonso aint a shareholder any more lol

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on blame cont.

Asking for who is to blame is too general. I feel sorry for myself because of the money I have lost.

I am not saying if I am a good owner or a bad owner. I am loyal to the fans, to say the truth. They don’t want to hear what I say.

They like people to impress them, to say what they want to hear, they like it. When I say the truth, they say I lie or that I want a ‘yes man’. They have short memories.

I am not going to say I am a good owner. I am one human being and I am loyal. I say the truth.

I am the owner of the club, anything good or bad I take responsibility.

I am the owner of the club, anything good or bad I take responsibility. Another contradiction...

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What you’re saying is bang on other than the fact that every other club In the world is doing it 

(whilst NOT blaming or attacking their own fans)

I saw a post on hete this morning with a picture of Hitler giving the Nazi Salute it was a ridiculous thing to post, i hope it doesn't get back  to Chansiri but things like that paint fans in a bad light. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

UBERFANS HAVE REALLY CAUSED A MASSIVE PROBLEM HERE

Skip to 2 minutes
LIsten to this

Chansiri says very clearly that he had a meeting with our fans (fans forum) and in that meeting our fans basically fawned over him, said all Wednesday fans would back him no matter what, and would support him financially but that it didn't happen as they told him it would

Is he saying that the sycophants who give him standing ovations are the ones who've caused and created this mess by giving him an unrealistic picture of how the fanbase actually is?

It's at two minutes in - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p092sdm8

If that’s the case then he really does hear what he wants to hear because the fans forum I was at (think it was the 2nd one with about 40 people) the lad I was sat with got up and left after an argument with him about how he was treating fans and how his recruitment advisors were taking him for a ride, there was no fawning from us 

mind you the follow up question from another fan was about the hot water in the ladies toilets 

I’ve been to 2 of the smaller fans forums and decided my time was better spent else where for the future ones but no way am I accepting being called an Uberfan  

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

On Twitter all I did was post direct quotes from Chansiri and had to block his sycophants for saying I'm not a Wednesday fans and troublecausing

lol

The local press had the same abuse

For simply posting what Chansiri had said - word for word - and with no commentary alongside it

That's the way now. Leeds have been in trouble for repeating the words of am Amazon Prime pundit. 

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why are they a waste of space?  

Do you really need me to explain? if so I think you've also lost the plot. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on blame cont.

Asking for who is to blame is too general. I feel sorry for myself because of the money I have lost.

I am not saying if I am a good owner or a bad owner. I am loyal to the fans, to say the truth. They don’t want to hear what I say.

They like people to impress them, to say what they want to hear, they like it. When I say the truth, they say I lie or that I want a ‘yes man’. They have short memories.

I am not going to say I am a good owner. I am one human being and I am loyal. I say the truth.

I am the owner of the club, anything good or bad I take responsibility.

Apart from the feeling sorry for himself comment (which I actually found very funny tbh), he’s not wrong with any of this 

He’s not said he’s a good owner, that to me says he accepts he’s messed up along the way - for those saying he doesn’t take any blame 

The fans ask for the truth and when they get it, they don’t want to hear it - Again he’s correct with that 

They like people to impress them, to say what they want to hear. When i say the truth they say I lie - Again he’s not far wrong with that 

They say I want a yes man, they have short memories - Again, apart from Jos who of are previous managers are ‘yes men’. Don’t think you can label Carlos one, Bruce definitely not. Monk? Perhaps to a degree, but I doubt he was no pushover 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We definitely have some whoppers in our fan base, and those sending abuse to his lad are cowards. But he can’t tar everyone with the same brush. Criticising fans for being negative after a year where we’ve had points deducted and players not being paid, big question marks over the clubs future.  He’s in the wrong business if he expects fans to be thanking him all the time. 

The club needs the fans onside more than ever, especially when in 8 weeks time they’ll be asking fans to renew season tickets and buy memberships or some other scheme.

This was his opportunity to answer some concerns and try to build some bridges. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

We definitely have some whoppers in our fan base, and those sending abuse to his lad are cowards. But he can’t tar everyone with the same brush. Criticising fans for being negative after a year where we’ve had points deducted and players not being paid, big question marks over the clubs future.  He’s in the wrong business if he expects fans to be thanking him all the time. 

The club needs the fans onside more than ever, especially when in 8 weeks time they’ll be asking fans to renew season tickets and buy memberships or some other scheme.

This was his opportunity to answer some concerns and try to build some bridges. 

"My lad has had terrible terrible horrific abuse"

"Oh - that sounds horrific. What did the police say about it when you reported it?"

Owlstalk Shop

Has there ever been a better example of someone who should have got it right getting it so wrong? 

He comes into a relatively stable football club, clearly armed with a few bob to spend. The team at that time was a pretty solid outfit and in that first season we sprinkled in a few very good Champ players and nearly got back to the promise land.

Some four and half years on and we are a complete shambles on and off the pitch.

There is just no excuse for it. He can sit there and blame Pulis, Monk, the EFL, the players, the fans, but the buck stops with him.

There is no excuse for the position we find ourselves in. In the early to late 00s you could point towards the inevitable outcome of not having the proverbial pot to pi55 in. That's not the case here or certainly wasn't until recently. 

Why was it so hard to appoint competent officials in key areas of the football club - a chief exec, director of football, technical director etc.,? 

Why was it so hard to get normal ******** sponsors, normal kit manufacturers and sell 2 half pints for more than the cost of a pint? 

The fact is we are in this mess because of him. It's not down to bad luck or things not quite falling into place. No, it's because he is incapable of running a football club in a proper and succient manner. No, everything has to be ad hoc and f*cking weird.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2