THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

£13m per annum is enough leeway to be competitive if you're smart. If you're not you can spend/lose €30m and still be a mile off.

For a year we were smart 

It’s enough if you have additional income coming into the club from player trading.

We won’t have that for a while yet.

Our recent income fluctuates between £22m - £25m a year, that to me is decent wage bill for a club with playoff ambitions. It also means we’ve a 100% wages to turnover ratio which is bad.

The £13m allowable losses probably just covers the running of the club and maybe a couple of £m for some loan signings.

So as well as being smart, we have be very lucky.

11 minutes ago, Morepork said:

We're only dealing with failing businesses and owners that don't know their @rse from their elbow in this thread...... lol:Chansiri:

I would only buy a football club as a muti billionaire, zero chance otherwise when most clubs have a wage bill greater than 100% turnover, recipe for disaster yet people still buy into them. 

All ego and no sense. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Advisers are people who he leans on for advice. Not people who are part of the club doing things in solely the best interests of SWFC.

How many other clubs are the chairman’s advisers helping? It’s not the way I’d do things and it’s not the way a lot of successful clubs operate. 

He needs to appoint a dedicated CEO and I’d even go as far as saying a Director of Football. Two positions who work for the club and for the club only. Not agents advising him. 

Advisors/consultants, who receive a fee and employees are both held accountable. It is harder for advisors, as they are only paid when they give advice. If that advice proves to be poor, they are easily jettisoned. They only way you will receive future payments, is by giving good advice. Also, to become an advisor in the first place, generally means you will have strong referencability and a proven track record. Every successful business in the world employs an army of third party advisors, consultants, non execs.

Employees have notice periods and consequences if you get rid of them, often meaning they are given three strikes etc. 

Anyway......the point is, he needs different/better advisors/consultants/Directors.

20 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Thanks Neil.

I enjoyed that. I will give him one thing, he isn’t afraid to speak his mind.

There are big cultural differences, especially round the use of social media, which he has to deal with better. I hate reading the excessive negativity on this site when we lose, but I just log off for a day or two and let it blow over. He clearly takes things personally, when it is part of a much wider issue (social media use in general), which i suspect is different to how social media is used in the Far East.

His biggest strength and biggest weakness, seems to be his trusting nature. He takes people at their word. He doesn’t then like it when they change their tune - which I like e.g. Monk said the players were good enough, Pulis said he could play different styles. The question we are all asking, is why are these statements being believed in the first place, who is giving him his second and third opinion? Bottom line, he needs better advisors, going forward.

If he'd had a director of football in place they would have told him what Pulis does. It's well known how he plays, he's been doing it for years and that will never change.

To not know that and to not have people in place to tell you that or at least do a bit of research for yourself is negligent.

To let players dictate who the manager is and how they want to play is also criminally incompetent.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

PRESS BRIEFING ENDS

How did I do?

WAs that ok for you?

I've not managed to read the thread or let what he said sink in yet

Well done, mate.

I have a massive headache.

I feel like I agree with every poster on here even when people are saying opposite things!

My head is bamboozled 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on 2018/19 accounts

Because of the Covid situation. Actually, we already finished. I expected it would be soon, but they have a little issue I cannot say.

We were given a three month extension to sort our accounts, as all clubs where, due to COVID situation. We’re now approaching 5 months after the extension ended.

This will not be a little issue and should be made clear to fans now.

5 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Good, objective summary.

I acknowledge some of the things he says, even if the way he comes across doesn't exactly make you warm to him. Maybe it's a cultural or language thing.

I still think his biggest problem is a mixture of naiveite and lack of knowledge of the game. For example, he wants attacking football, but employed Pulis. Anyone one of us on Owlstalk could have pointed out the contradiction, but he allowed himself to be talked into it. He obviously does understand he needs advice from others, but insists on being hands on, which is why he employs "advisors" rather than delegating responsibility to a Sporting Director. And I fear some of those advisors are running rings round DC - they sometimes have agendas of their own and don't always have the best interests of the club at heart.

Perhaps my biggest worry is lack of any sort of vision for the club and plan going forward. Everything seems to be short term and as a reaction to events, and nothing he said today suggests to me that's changed.

Completely agree mate. He speaks so passionately about commitment and loyalty, why does he not see these ‘agendas’ or the re-occurring poor advice?

37 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

It's a distinct possibility for any team that can mathematically still make them, his main target is staying in the division, like he said, nothing in that whatsoever,  typical fans nit picking.

Itstill.mathematically possible for United to get into the European places but I bet Wilder wouldn't insult the fans' intelligence by suggesting that is possible.

So no, it isn't nitpicking when combined with all the other rot he has spouted.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on Erik Alonso / Amadeu Paxiao

I do not understand. Trevor sent to me. I am surprised as to why it has just come out. He has worked with me for one year now. He is one of my advisors, nothing special.

He is not a shareholder at the club.

If he or anyone was going to be a shareholder, they need to be shown by the EFL.

I sent him nowt  lol 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

If he'd had a director of football in place they would have told him what Pulis does. It's well known how he plays, he's been doing it for years and that will never change.

To not know that and to not have people in place to tell you that or at least do a bit of research for yourself is negligent.

To let players dictate who the manager is and how they want to play is also criminally incompetent.

Completely agree with your first two points. I don’t agree with the last entirely. He obviously speaks to some of them, which must be slightly undermining for a manager. That said, which managers have given him a reason not to gain their opinions 😀

Well I feel a little underwhelmed ha! I was hoping to hear about Erik and his American investors! 

Obviously he rarely wins with these things as we complain when he doesn’t communicate and then complain about what he says when he does!

Some key points I’ve taken;

- he’s messed up with appointing TP however TPs played a blinder here in getting a quick payoff.

- good that wage issues have been addressed however obviously huge cash flow issues.

- I’d be surprised if our new manager was English based on my interpretation of his comments.

- at least he can see we need some players ASAP and has already started this process (hopefully the new manager would get some say in them)

- he’s trying to run the club within FFP and is open to investment/sponsorship. 

Unfortunately he comes across as naive and too trusting with his advisers/people!

Lets get the right manager in, recruit some players to add balance to the squad and stay up as a short term and obvious plan!! After that we need much more of a longterm strategy with clear communications of this. 

P.s. Online abuse to his son is totally uncalled for (much like the abuse to BB)! It’s about time the police and social media regulators addressed this! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Pulis did little for our players fragile confidence.   Making it clear after every match that they werent good enough.  So that comment i understand.

Players fragile confidence? makes me puke what a WOKE World we live in...! 1000 people died in the UK on Tues,Wed was it? & TP has to worry about his comments to Players on money most can only dream about????

How about the players f***ing well come out & man up,& prove him wrong? ....

• Like 3