THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

Guest Grandad
Just now, Spondon Owl said:

They're a customer. Theyve paid money and haven't had it back. They have every right to request a return of their monies and be disgruntled for having not received them back.

But the people you quoted - you said they put no money into the club. How would the Chairman be addressing them as worse than customers in a question about the ST refunds?

who was he aiming it at?

2 hours ago, darra said:

It's a bad situation but try cancelling Sky or a mobile phone contract early because you need the money and see how far you get.  My lad and his wife tried to cancel Sky about a year ago because she lost her job. They weren't very sympathetic. 

still owe me after 27 years , 

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

I honestly don’t get the clamour for refunds ASAP 

Football isn’t a necessity spend - that isn’t the same money you would use to feed your family. Don’t buy into the desperation of some people to have that money back ASAP because it’s not been in their pocket for a long time. 

There may be a clamour for it back if your financial circumstances have changed since you made the commitment due to something like losing your job or being furloughed in a pandemic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

But the people you quoted - you said they put no money into the club. How would the Chairman be addressing them as worse than customers in a question about the ST refunds?

who was he aiming it at?

I think that was a more generalized response. He often seems to wander from the original question into generalizations. My opinion only of course.

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I think that was a more generalized response. He often seems to wander from the original question into generalizations. My opinion only of course.

So hes been misinterpreted?

Guest Mcguigan
2 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Yes but can't release them until auditors sign off the audit report, and they need to consider the ability of the business, with no income in midst of a pandemic, to continue as a going concern.

Big audit firms got in trouble / reprimanded for the big companies that have gone bust in last few years that were given clean audit reports

But the only way we can continue as a going concern is if the auditors have assurances, although not legally binding, from DC that he will continue to fund the club going forward. He must have given them that or what has this morning been for.

The auditors cover their arses by adding that, in there opinion, a material uncertainty exists that casts significant doubts about the companies ability to continue as a going concern.

It doesn’t take a 3 month extension and another 5 months to add that paragraph.

Something is up and I fear another DC plan to move the financial goalposts.

Just now, Grandad said:

So hes been misinterpreted?

No i think the statement was less directly against fans who have claimed a refund and more a generalization of fans (who he has cited previously) who don't pay for ifollow but do moan about the quality of football. As I say, that's my interpretation. He rarely sticks to or answers the direct question posed.

• Like 1

UBERFANS HAVE REALLY CAUSED A MASSIVE PROBLEM HERE

Skip to 2 minutes
LIsten to this

Chansiri says very clearly that he had a meeting with our fans (fans forum) and in that meeting our fans basically fawned over him, said all Wednesday fans would back him no matter what, and would support him financially but that it didn't happen as they told him it would

Is he saying that the sycophants who give him standing ovations are the ones who've caused and created this mess by giving him an unrealistic picture of how the fanbase actually is?

It's at two minutes in - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p092sdm8

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

41 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

The Pulis stuff might have been entertaining, but it was childish, pointless and worst of all totally unprofessional.

You employ a very well connected and experienced English manager then sack him after 10 games and badmouth him in public.  The only result is you won't get another decent manager, you will be marked as toxic.  The reason owners and managers don't talk about each other after sackings isn't because of non disclosure agreements, its simply because it damages both parties.

This guy is just a child in a mans body and doesn't have the first idea of what he is doing.

get off the fence and say what you really feel 🙂 

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you think about it - what Chansiri just did is a totally identical presser to Dave Allen when he was here

Fans are to blame

I'm getting grief on social media

My family are getting abuse on social media

I put money into this club
What are the critics doing for this club?
I'm the one who stands to lose my money

It's the managers fault
It's the players fault
I speak the truth
Fans don't like hearing the truth

etc etc

Literally word for word point by point

Identical

Not a bloody word about pigeons though....? lol

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on abuse of his son online

They say it is me going to my kid.

It is not me going to my kid.

They used a bad word, I cannot say. I want to say to those who don’t to use face or name. If somebody goes to my kid again, I will report to the police.

If I cannot defend my kid then I do not have to defend this club. For what?

If you try to damage my family then let’s see. If I go to your kid then let’s see how you feel? Don’t do that.

If you want to come to me, come to me. You can ask for a meeting.

That statement i agree with ,  no matter what the issue is leave his or any kids out of it ,those people are behaving like Idiots 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1