THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

The notion that the over spending is not solely his fault is mind boggling.

Moaning you can’t afford the plug the money drain you chose to make wider is mind boggling.

Blaming fan expectation for you not being able to fund the club you own is mind boggling. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

They are getting one? 

Im just not buying into it people screaming for refunds

If a season ticket refund is the difference between getting by everyday - you shouldn’t be getting one.

If I was paying £50 a month for a season ticket and there was no rainy day fund in case of emergency - I wouldn’t go to the game. 

Pretty simple really

And Scrooge was bad done to for 3 ghosts visiting him

merry Xmas to you Todwick Owl in your little cosy bubble

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Of course it’s coming 

It might take 12 months 

Thats 20 quid a month refund over that period probably coming my way 

If I was desperate for 20 quid a month I’d seriously seriously think about going to the game any longer

So you are claiming a refund even tho you admitted you dont need it...shocking..

Just now, Therealrealist said:

So you are claiming a refund even tho you admitted you dont need it...shocking..

Say again? 

Ive claimed a refund - because I’m not getting something I’ve paid for, I just don’t need it right away

I’m not shouting at Chansiri for not getting it though because at the end of the day I gave the money away for some entertainment - it’ll come when it’ll come. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You do have to wonder when reading posts like this just how bad it has to get at his own football club for this fan (And others of the same persuasion) to stop and evaluate the chairmans' performance/results

No offence personally Buxtongent - I'm just making the wider point that it's mindblowing how bad things are but it seems that criticism of it is somehow anti-swfc?

I think DC is and has been widely criticized but this wasn't the worst conference we've seen. Maybe that says it all right there. 

Four key things need to happen from here on in:

Good manager appointed;

Manager backed in January (within FFP);

Get out of the bottom three;

Refunds to people.

Not in that order. But this will go a long way to rebuild trust between fans and DC. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

They are getting one? 

Im just not buying into it people screaming for refunds

If a season ticket refund is the difference between getting by everyday - you shouldn’t be getting one.

If I was paying £50 a month for a season ticket and there was no rainy day fund in case of emergency - I wouldn’t go to the game. 

Pretty simple really

Equally, if the season ticket money were the difference between keeping the club running or not being able to pay the players' wages, I wouldn't spaff £8m plus wages on Jordan Rhodes.

:Chansiri:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I think there were some positives and negatives. He appears to be trying to run the club within FFP. He says all the players have been paid. He says the refunds will be done.

Beyond that he has said he will have a new manager in asap and will continue to fund the club as best he can. 

Negatives are the statements around cash flow and future player payments. Some of his comments about fans will not be taken well although I think some of it is lost on translation. His statements on advisors may also worry but I'd be hard pressed to find hard and fast info on whether this model or any other model was employed by other clubs.

All in all its not the best but certainly not the worst we've seen. Credit where its due hes tried to get his points across but it may be better to employ a figurehead for the day to day running of the club. 

well done on a really well balanced comment

• Like 1

Thanks Neil.

I enjoyed that. I will give him one thing, he isn’t afraid to speak his mind.

There are big cultural differences, especially round the use of social media, which he has to deal with better. I hate reading the excessive negativity on this site when we lose, but I just log off for a day or two and let it blow over. He clearly takes things personally, when it is part of a much wider issue (social media use in general), which i suspect is different to how social media is used in the Far East.

His biggest strength and biggest weakness, seems to be his trusting nature. He takes people at their word. He doesn’t then like it when they change their tune - which I like e.g. Monk said the players were good enough, Pulis said he could play different styles. The question we are all asking, is why are these statements being believed in the first place, who is giving him his second and third opinion? Bottom line, he needs better advisors, going forward.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

And Scrooge was bad done to for 3 ghosts visiting him

merry Xmas to you Todwick Owl in your little cosy bubble

Why is it a cosy little bubble exactly? 

You’ve paid money to watch football at Hillsborough and can’t go - it’s nothing substantial, it’s nothing tangible, that money was gone anyway 

Now you’ve lost 2 hours at the match there is some sort of massive desperation to have that money back? 

Don’t get it

• Like 1