THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on Garry Monk's comments

If you think something’s wrong with the club, then speak out.

What is the deep issue he talks about? Before he came he said our team was good enough.

He impressed me. I said to him are our players good enough to get promoted? He said yeah. After that he said we need many players.

I always say stuff straightforward. He blamed the players. I said why don’t you blame yourself?

He should know better. He knows how much I backed him up.

Why don't you question or blame yourself DC?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Interesting that he’s had two of these, and a few phone ins on national radio. Moaned and moaned about cash flow issues. But never once mentioned how keen he is to see fans back in the ground. 

Every other FL chairman has took their 5mins to put pressure on getting fans back. For their sake, and the fans. 

Really is an indicator of how far detached he is. 

Or he's not comfortable with putting fan welfare at risk by calling for fans to congregate during a pandemic simply to ease the bottom line?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

As I said yesterday

Tons of people being firing questions at him demanding answers, so he’s showing up to answer them.

That’s it, that’s all it was ever going to be. 

He’s trying to be more visible and more open to the fanbase

He’s not though is he? He’s having a rant about managers and fans. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

it's only disposable if you don't need it.

People now have different circumstances.

What about the people still seeing monthly payments come out for a product they can't have, but could need the money now?

Biggest issue we have is half the population have no disposable income left and the other half have it and can't spend it. 

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on whether he would be open to outside investment

Many, many representatives have come to me.

Some ask to buy the club, I don’t have intention to do that unless it is an offer I cannot refuse. If you want to be a shareholder, they must be able to help us.

I always welcome our sponsors and so on.

If you want me to leave you have to make good an investor.

If they are happy to come and invest, but if they see on social media and see negativity then they won’t be there to do it.

I'm just imagining him thumping the desk as he said that.

Edited by longreach

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don’t think this club and fans groups have ever been able to work together because there is just too much disagreement?

I don’t think we’re an easy fan base to please. Let’s face it we could be in the champions league every year and some would be complaining about the ticket prices and saying we should be winning it for the amount of money we’re paying to watch the team.

Do I think the Chairman has made mistakes? Yes, I do.

Do I think he’s on an hiding to nothing regardless of what he does? Undoubtedly yes.

It’s no difference across the city. It’s a Sheffield thing. We’re not big enough a city to carry two clubs and that’s why neither will have the success each fan base craves. 

It’s as simple as that for me.

There’s a lot of truth in this. 

That said, the TV money has proved that the odd well run club can have a good time in the Prem. Mother in Law is a Leicester fan and it seems only yesterday we were consigning them to the third division - they got Thai owners in and the rest is history. We got Thai owners in and we might be history! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Seems to be he wants attacking football. See Pulis rant.

Then stupid decision to bring Pulis in.

And if he wants to play attacking football, why do we have two center backs that can't pass a ball, Lees and Dunkley very good at defending but cant pass the ball.

Now in no way are those two players a problem or not good enough, they've both been very good in last three games.

But if you want to play attacking football you need players that are technically good, look at the way Brentford play. Too many of our players can't do the basics right.

If he wants to play attacking football, get a manager that will play it and players that can carry it out.

I'd say we've not had a manager like that since Carlos. We've not recruited players that can play attacking football since 2015.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1