Thorsten Fink

He has an interesting record. Seems attack minded too. I'm in I fink :ghoulguy:

Personally would prefer a manager on the rise from the lower leagues or someone more attack minded but could see it being a leftfield appointment. If it's going to be a leftfield foreign appointment, then going by his record we could do a lot worse.

That said, some foreign coaches struggle and some turn out to be gems. Hopefully whoever gets it, we get lucky this time, wherever they're from and however much experienced they are or not. 

• Thanks 1

Fwayo Tembo left FC Basel after he accused club coach Thorsten Fink of making racist remarks towards him during a training session. Fink is reported to have told a collaborator to "get the monkey down from the tree."[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorsten_Fink

Hmmm - not sure this exactly what we need right now. Unless we're looking for new and imaginative ways to find a manager worse than Pulis.

21 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

We need someone who turns out to be half decent like the bloke at Southampton. Where'd they find him? Maybe there's another and Fink is it?

Gus Poyet can set sail back to Montevideo, though

Southampton got highly rated Austrian coach Ralph Hasenhuttl from the Bundesliga, after he left RB Leipzig before Julian Nagelsmann took over. After refusing to be their interim coach. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

I don’t get this. It’s another risky appointment imo so not sure why DC is considering it given we’re running out of time to save ourselves from the drop. Surely a wiser move would be someone with a bit of experience of the English game.

You mean like the safe pair of hands that was never been relegated Tony Pulis.

WTF:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

I don’t get this. It’s another risky appointment imo so not sure why DC is considering it given we’re running out of time to save ourselves from the drop. Surely a wiser move would be someone with a bit of experience of the English game.

Like Monk or Pulis you mean?

• Love 1

just a warning jos had 3 promotions on his cv in germany  ,look how he turned out. paul cook knows this league well as well as having contacts in lower leagues and could get us in the types of players in ,affordable and who want to improve and work hard,.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1