Thorsten Fink

33 minutes ago, morganowl said:

just a warning jos had 3 promotions on his cv in germany  ,look how he turned out. paul cook knows this league well as well as having contacts in lower leagues and could get us in the types of players in ,affordable and who want to improve and work hard,.

I know you can’t trust the bookies but when Monk was sacked, the likes of Pulis, Cook, Cowley, McLaren, Johnson were at the top of the odds list.

This time round the top 5 are currently Fink, Poyet, Morais, Olsen, Jemez.  So it would suggest we are going in a different direction now, especially if the link up to WBD is true. 

• Like 1

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

I know you can’t trust the bookies but when Monk was sacked, the likes of Pulis, Cook, Cowley, McLaren, Johnson were at the top of the odds list.

This time round the top 5 are currently Fink, Poyet, Morais, Olsen, Jemez.  So it would suggest we are going in a different direction now, especially if the link up to WBD is true. 

Going back to the Carlos model....TBF he was less hassle for DC than Bruce, Monk or Pulis.....

• Like 2

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Going back to the Carlos model....TBF he was less hassle for DC than Bruce, Monk or Pulis.....

Indeed i think it happens more often in Europe where clubs target and buy the players and the coach just coaches.  Something British managers aren’t always keen to do and likely why Pulis wanted out 2 weeks ago 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

The experience he has had with Bruce, Monk and Pulis will probably swerve DC from appointing a British Manager for the foreseeable future?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Ha me too I have him at 17/1, so expecting someone else to get the job 

Be a nice unexpected cash bonus. 

Should cover the kids footie subs for the rest of the year. 

lol

It probably won't happen. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 109Waddle said:

I don’t get this. It’s another risky appointment imo so not sure why DC is considering it given we’re running out of time to save ourselves from the drop. Surely a wiser move would be someone with a bit of experience of the English game.

Who wouldn’t be a risky appointment?

This blokes CV looks far better than bloody Morias or Poyet etc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Indeed i think it happens more often in Europe where clubs target and buy the players and the coach just coaches.  Something British managers aren’t always keen to do and likely why Pulis wanted out 2 weeks ago 

And why we are hearing about a new strategic tie up today....all starting to fit together

The question is what about Doyen?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Who wouldn’t be a risky appointment?

This blokes CV looks far better than bloody Morias or Poyet etc 

I take your point, every new manager will bring a level of risk. An example, Paul Cook you would expect to be less risky than Thorsten Fink?

21 minutes ago, OwlsItGoing said:

On the Paul Cook front many, many Wigan fans do say that their first half of last season some dire dire football can we afford that with him

No need to worry about us appointing a British manager next, The news about the new advisor / Investor Alonso means that we're almost certainly going back down the european route.