Next manager odds

37 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

There are certain managers being mentioned that nobody in their right minds would want here (😉), but from the decent ones mentioned, does it really matter who our owner and master of all picks?

Chansiri wants:-

• A football coach that will take whatever players he is given, irrespective of their personality, skill or ability and get them to outplay the opposition without asking for any particular players however desperately the team needs them.
  • An experienced, successful football coach that can get non-scoring players to become goal machines overnight.
  • An exciting, attacking style of football to be played despite us having less exciting and attacking players than any of the opposition we have been up against so far. 
  • Someone with the ability to do whatever DC asks him to do, while still winning games.
  • A puppet that will dance to whatever tune DC and his dodgy chums decide to play.
  • A coach that can follow all of the  tactics texted to him from somewhere outside the UK in broken English.
  • An undiscovered mastermind that can deliver all of the above, plus promotion, without spending a penny, or being critical when being bombarded with awkward questions at press conferences.

Quite honestly I would not put it past DC to call himself head coach and tell the players to get on with winning games with panache if they want to get paid in full and on time. Unfortunately for DC, he did not know how lucky he was when he landed Carlos and very nearly got it right first time. Unfortunately for us, it has been a steep and rapid bounce downhill from then.

I struggle to imagine getting too excited about any possible candidates or appointees unless Chansiri tells us that he is going to put some of his vast wealth into their sole control to buy English Championship quality players that are required to get us to compete for a place in the top six. Hopefully then we will be able to draw in a coach or preferably a manager that knows a good player from a bad one, that can put together a team with the correct levels of skill, personality, wages, personality, integrity and anything else they want. 

Unfortunately DC wants a yes man, any manager who has not towed the line, that no matter how little investment there has been in the team, it is fighting for promotion each year.

Monk got the boot shortly after questioning DC and Pulis most likely gave him a few home truths which as we know from DC and his press rants he does not like. Anyone telling him that he does not have a clue what he is doing. Pulis got the public rant, the fans are not just customers, because how dare they ask for their money back.

We are 6 days into the transfer window, 0 players in, 0 players out and managerless.

Is anyone surprised this is the same way as the team has been run for 5 years.

For me if we are going to play I want the games entertaining and at least a team that looks like it is trying to win games, as apposed to the Monk/Pulis school of though of not trying to lose (and doing it very badly)

We need an out of work manager (so nothing to pay in compo) with something about him. For me I would choose Cook, his last 3 jobs he has been there at least 2 season (3 transfer windows), he achieved promotion at each and in over 400 games at those team has a win percentage of nearly 45% (181/407) for me at any level that a pretty good record. He has managed in our league but has good scouting ability to pick up players from lower leagues cheaper and improve them and often sell them on for decent money.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby

Barton must be a balloon as cover for another non -entity appointment, maybe client of our advisors.

Let's wait for Lampard and Harry.

25 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Any idea why the home of covid ( China) has no second wave or mutations? Looked like they were enjoying New Year’s Eve. 

Why are people discussing a virus, on a matchday thread, that even the experts disagree on? Anybody believing anything that China churns out really does need to keep quiet about it. Plenty of countries with more kudos than China have churned out misleading facts figures and propaganda (our own included). For what it is worth the most convincing statement that I have heard on this subject, is from the British Medical Journal (who are a scientific body that also report their findings which the newspapers, press , politicians and public then misunderstand and the fake news then starts to spread faster than the virus). The BMJ report that the UK are one of a handful of countries that have the necessary technology, levels and types of testing to actually identify many of the new strains of the virus's genome sequence. The same strains are popping up all over the world, because they are the most successful mutations that are evolving. The latest dominant strain causing the surge in infections is N501Y which means that the 501st amino acid in the spike protein (the one that infects cells) is the one that has mutated from N to Y, which has made the virus more prevalent because it's infection rate is 70% higher. We also know in the UK that this strain has been around at least since September, so treating the UK in this way is a bit like shooting the messenger, rather than taking notice of the message, or locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

All very interesting but nowt to do with footy!

• Like 1

Just now, sherlyegg said:

Nope, but there are only two options..believe China / Russia

I didn't say it wasn't true, to be honest I don't believe either China or Russia's figures and can quite believe it is at least partially true.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Unfortunately DC wants a yes man, any manager who has not towed the line, that no matter how little investment there has been in the team, it is fighting for promotion each year.

Monk got the boot shortly after questioning DC and Pulis most likely gave him a few home truths which as we know from DC and his press rants he does not like. Anyone telling him that he does not have a clue what he is doing. Pulis got the public rant, the fans are not just customers, because how dare they ask for their money back.

We are 6 days into the transfer window, 0 players in, 0 players out and managerless.

Is anyone surprised this is the same way as the team has been run for 5 years.

For me if we are going to play I want the games entertaining and at least a team that looks like it is trying to win games, as apposed to the Monk/Pulis school of though of not trying to lose (and doing it very badly)

We need an out of work manager (so nothing to pay in compo) with something about him. For me I would choose Cook, his last 3 jobs he has been there at least 2 season (3 transfer windows), he achieved promotion at each and in over 400 games at those team has a win percentage of nearly 45% (181/407) for me at any level that a pretty good record. He has managed in our league but has good scouting ability to pick up players from lower leagues cheaper and improve them and often sell them on for decent money.

Quite a few people are on record as saying that Monk should not have been sacked because this season, despite DC removing so many players and not replacing them, or giving Monk the players he wanted, he had done much better than expected and Pulis proved this to be true by doing much worse. 

Not a massive fan of Monk's but Pulis was a step backwards, over his ten games that is a fact.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Nope, but there are only two options..believe China / Russia

That’s not fair. You could also believe the British government, the Americans or some Nigerian bloke who has emailed you about the princes money.  It’s up to you

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Unfortunately DC wants a yes man,

Everybody who works for anyone is a yes man...otherwise you are unemployed.

The only times you can push your ideas is if it can be proven your own ideas are working for the company...then ..and sometimes reluctantly you will get your own way.

Totally ok with a foreign manager if that’s the route we are going as long as we play the right way and in touch with the way modern football is moving. People like Pulis, Big Sam, McCarthy and Colin all have their place but they are fast becoming outdated. You only have to look at the impact the dingles manager has had on them, they are play some fantastic stuff. Like all manager appointments it will be a gamble could be a Carlos or could be a Jos, hopefully the new guy will get some players in this window and we can kick on.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Plonk said:

That’s not fair. You could also believe the British government, the Americans or some Nigerian bloke who has emailed you about the princes money.  It’s up to you

That Nigerian Prince passed away recently mate. lol

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Any idea why the home of covid ( China) has no second wave or mutations? Looked like they were enjoying New Year’s Eve. 

I have just seen some footage from China two cities in lockdown due to virus. Boarding up homes again.

The only thing certain about China is you can not believe one word their Government says.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Provide the links, honnest I will eat humble pie...no facebook links though

Wait till he sees that the guy running Tesco's who have had record profits for this last year, has been Knighted for his running a company and getting paid very well for doing it.

I am going to assume now of the people I have work for in the last 20 years are likely to get knighted for doing the job the are paid for.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Wait till he sees that the guy running Tesco's who have had record profits for this last year, has been Knighted for his running a company and getting paid very well for doing it.

I am going to assume now of the people I have work for in the last 20 years are likely to get knighted for doing the job the are paid for.

Utterly clueless. Keep clapping along...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Quite a few people are on record as saying that Monk should not have been sacked because this season, despite DC removing so many players and not replacing them, or giving Monk the players he wanted, he had done much better than expected and Pulis proved this to be true by doing much worse. 

Not a massive fan of Monk's but Pulis was a step backwards, over his ten games that is a fact.

This is what bothers me about bringing in one of the older managers. Are they after a last pay day? Where as younger managers are trying to make names for themselves. 

For me, the only reason to sack Monk was solely the three results in a row to Rotherham, Luton, and Wycombe, which I thought were an all time low. Well, that was until Pulis stepped forward and said "Hold my beer".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Wait till he sees that the guy running Tesco's who have had record profits for this last year, has been Knighted for his running a company and getting paid very well for doin

Next on the list..lewis hamilton no doubt..not sure if he votes tory though.

🤣

• Haha 1