Should've never let Nuhiu go...

Whilst I was sorry to see the Big-man leave the club, he'd been a good servant to us.

The big problem here is our unwillingess to move players on.

Lees should have been off to Burnley as soon as that bid came in.

We've shown zero 'football' business acument at all in the past 4 years.

That simply has to change.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Whilst I was sorry to see the Big-man leave the club, he'd been a good servant to us.

The big problem here is our unwillingess to move players on.

Lees should have been off to Burnley as soon as that bid came in.

We've shown zero 'football' business acument at all in the past 4 years.

That simply has to change.

It's crazy to say what I'm about to but I genuinely think it was the case in the first few seasons.

I am certain DC's lack of understanding lead him to the conclusion that if you had a good player all you needed to do was keep him and proceed in that fashion. Like players will always be good, regardless. That is where the "family" thing emanated from and the lack of any sales. (Excluding those we signed that were too sh!te to sell....)

Football is fluid, squad building is fluid, we all know that.

Too many poor decisions, which coupled with dubious advice have been absolutely crippling on every front for this club.

Edited by Morepork

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

It's crazy to say what I'm about to but I genuinely think it was the case in the first few seasons.

I am certain DC's lack of understanding lead him to the conclusion that if you had a good player all you needed to do was keep him and proceed in that fashion. Like players will always be good, regardless. That is where the "family" thing emanated from and the lack of any sales. (Excluding those we signed that were too sh!te to sell....)

Football is fluid, squad building is fluid, we all know that.

Too many poor decisions, which coupled with dubious advice have been absolutely crippling on every front for this club.

Chansiri was right to seek advice when he moved into football.

Sadly it wasn't football people who proffered it.

Nothing wrong with the decision to let him go if we wanted to improve - was no surprise that the predicted flood of offers from Championship clubs whose managers said what a handful he was never actually transpired.  The issue has been with pathetic recruitment since then.  Also, I doubt that a player with no pace and presenting no real threat in the air would be an automatic choice for Pulis.