We have a bigger problem

15 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

Still, at least Monk isn't here any more, after binning off all our best players... 

like who?

Nuhiu was criticised in every game, everyone called him a useless donkey etc

Fox was booed whenever his name was announced

Fletcher turned down a new contract

Hutchinson can’t get through 90 minutes in the Cypriot league

Lee is basically on one leg now

FF was injured/suspended/didn’t want to play for 2 years.

• Like 2

Even as bad as we’ve been, tonight’s the first night I’ve struggled to see a single player that would be bothered if we went down.

We’re looking at best case 4-5 home games this season where fans can attend. We could be easily dead and buried by then. Our first ‘capacity’ attendance is likely to be in the 3rd tier too. And it doesn’t seem like any of them really care. 

Just now, jonnyowl said:

Why would any professional football player want to play for a Tony Pulis side?

You know what?

Today I watched an interview with Ben Marshall 

He was one of my favourite players in the past few years

Watched it for some light relief from Tony FOOOOOOOOKING Pulis

Halffway through it gets onto....

TONY FOOOOOOOKING PULIS and his training sessions

I thought of turning it off but then changed my mind at the last second just in case there were some funny stories, or anecdotes about Pulis training sessions

There weren't

They were just sat round telling how horrific the training was during the week and all agreeing with each other how bad it is

Not horrific as they had to run around a lot

But horrific how baffling it is and how soul destroying it was

Owlstalk Shop

Dont matter who you blame how bad squad is etc . But even i cud set team up better and at least give there keepers wife a shirt to wash , tonight he didnt even have to catch a single cross . Play 442 play penny left back izzy brown nothing to lose as this 10 behind the ball is weeing me off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You know what?

Today I watched an interview with Ben Marshall 

He was one of my favourite players in the past few years

Watched it for some light relief from Tony FOOOOOOOOKING Pulis

Halffway through it gets onto....

TONY FOOOOOOOKING PULIS and his training sessions

I thought of turning it off but then changed my mind at the last second just in case there were some funny stories, or anecdotes about Pulis training sessions

There weren't

They were just sat round telling how horrific the training was during the week and all agreeing with each other how bad it is

Not horrific as they had to run around a lot

But horrific how baffling it is and how soul destroying it was

I listened to it too.

Others that have been on that have played under pulis have said similar.

I think Dave Kitson was on and said it was all shape all the time!

• Like 2

The players don't look like they want to play for Pulis and they know they can get contracts elsewhere in a few months. 

Not excusing their behaviour in any way, but Chansiri has a stark choice, replace one manager now or 18 players in January who want to play Pulis defend and hoof football.

• Like 2

Who would have been looking at getting players to renew contracts? We don't have a CEO or a Director of Football, we've got a revolving door of "managers" a crazy son of a billionaire and a fat Portuguese chain smoker...

I'm up for blaming Pulis for all sorts tonight, but the state of the squad really isn't one of them.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Most of the side is out of contract in the summer

The youngsters coming through just aren't ready

Pulis has publically said that three players have been offered new contracts (what message does that send out to the other ones out of contract?)

Now... ordinarily you'd say GOOD - SOD EM ALL

But we NEED them right now to play well for us - at the very least till January

Here's the bigger problem for me though..

Tonight it looked extremely clear that not a single one of the three that Pulis has offered new contracts too look in any way interested in signing a new contract here.

We have a big big problem on our hands - all created by Pulis

And that's before you look at his tactics, strategy, style, and training during the week etc

You had me agreeing until the pulis point, if your saying it's been a disaster on the field since he came in your right. But to me you seem to putting all this on him which is wrong. The lack of effort stopped last Christmas for some reason don't know why. I know you've got a thing about defending monk no matter what, yes it's not all his fault and you may be correct about the signing not being his players he has to shoulder his part in our demise for not standing his ground, if he wasn't happy he could have left but stayed and took the money. I would have admired him for walking away had he done so. By putting this on pulis is way off I doubt  the results or performances would have been much different no matter who was in charge. 

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis has publically said that three players have been offered new contracts (what message does that send out to the other ones out of contract?)

Tonight it looked extremely clear that not a single one of the three that Pulis has offered new contracts too look in any way interested in signing a new contract here.

And that's before you look at his tactics, strategy, style, and training during the week etc

Big big problem created by pulis? 

So the fact we let some quality players walk in the summer for nothing, and failed to replace them? 

You honestly think that’s the managers fault? 

Give it a rest.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why the hatred?

I’m certainly no football manager but it was as plain as day that the ins and outs of players that Monk orchestrated (or did he) was a disaster waiting to happen, it was so obvious we needed a striker first and foremost for this season, to start it without one was pure folly.

The problems at this club are far, far deeper than the managers position, the job will become a total poisoned chalice, as a club we’re done, ruined, finished.

• Like 1