We have a bigger problem

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Most of the side is out of contract in the summer

The youngsters coming through just aren't ready

Pulis has publically said that three players have been offered new contracts (what message does that send out to the other ones out of contract?)

Now... ordinarily you'd say GOOD - SOD EM ALL

But we NEED them right now to play well for us - at the very least till January

Here's the bigger problem for me though..

Tonight it looked extremely clear that not a single one of the three that Pulis has offered new contracts too look in any way interested in signing a new contract here.

We have a big big problem on our hands - all created by Pulis

And that's before you look at his tactics, strategy, style, and training during the week etc

This problem is not created by Pulis. No way can the current situation be dropped in his lap after being here less than 6 weeks. No way

• Like 1

I’m really not sure how much input Pulis had onto the decision to offer new contracts . I might be wrong but it just didnt sound that way . Plus he doesn’t know any of the players yet and relies on what he’s been told by others , which is the strangest thing I’ve ever heard any experienced manager say

Just now, billyblack said:

This problem is not created by Pulis. No way can the current situation be dropped in his lap after being here less than 6 weeks. No way

Thing is - he came in to change things - he's made it worst if that was possible. How long do you give him?

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Pulis has proved, so far, to be a poor appointment for what we needed this season.

However to pin it all at his door is absolute folly.

This club has been in slow free fall since the disbanding of the original transfer committee.

We have been random in our actions from almost the get go.

All of it. Every action we have made in the past 4 years has been random.

There has been no plan.

There have been no blueprints.

This is the culmination in 4 years of innefective 'making it up as we go along' all the while a series of spivs, both on and off-field have taken us to the cleaners. And as usual.... as always in these situations at all the crackpot clubs....IT IS THE SUPPORTERS WHO PAY THE UTLIMATE PRICE.

Absolutely.... never been a plan, just hoping to get lucky

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Pulis has publically said that three players have been offered new contracts (what message does that send out to the other ones out of contract?)

Tonight it looked extremely clear that not a single one of the three that Pulis has offered new contracts too look in any way interested in signing a new contract her

he did say the club are talking to baz ,leasy and reachy about a new deal ........i didnt see anything that said pulis had offered them a new contract .....have you heard summat ?

1 minute ago, SwellOwl said:

The way it’s going we won’t pick up another point till we sign players in January.

By then, could be well adrift (already 7 points) and which players would want to join? Same group who joined us previously. 

Totally agree but that's the only type of player are we going to attract.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's even worse to publically tell the press he's only offered three people new contracts 

He's cheesing every player off then scratching his head why they're not playing well

I'll tell you what is his fault though.

Saying publicly that we haven't got a left-back at the club.

What does that do for the confidence of Matt Penney?

If I know that Liam Palmer's best displays in the last 2 years have come when he was played at left-back for  prolonged spell then the new manager should also be aware of this too.

Instead he chooses to play Van Aken in that position. A centre-back not known for his balance or speed of movement and thought. He realises this isn't working when he subs him off every game. Before duly repeating the same mistake in the next game, and the next ........