We have a bigger problem

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's even worse to publically tell the press he's only offered three people new contracts 

He's cheesing every player off then scratching his head why they're not playing well

Who has offered them contracts Pulis or DC 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Most of the side is out of contract in the summer

The youngsters coming through just aren't ready

Pulis has publically said that three players have been offered new contracts (what message does that send out to the other ones out of contract?)

Now... ordinarily you'd say GOOD - SOD EM ALL

But we NEED them right now to play well for us - at the very least till January

Here's the bigger problem for me though..

Tonight it looked extremely clear that not a single one of the three that Pulis has offered new contracts too look in any way interested in signing a new contract here.

We have a big big problem on our hands - all created by Pulis

And that's before you look at his tactics, strategy, style, and training during the week etc

The biggest problem is who appointed pulis in the first place

• Like 1

It's pretty clear we've bought a one way ticket to League One. The absolute last thing we need is taking expensive flops on decent wages with us, need to get rid of the baggage.

Time to cut our losses and retract the contract extensions to Lees, Bannan and Reach. All 3 have gone stale, are of a bad age for building teams around and 2 of them have been highly unconvincing captains. 

Time to clear the decks. 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's even worse to publically tell the press he's only offered three people new contracts 

He's cheesing every player off then scratching his head why they're not playing well

I don't think that it was even him who offered the contracts, someone else at the club. Have others been told that a new contract depends on performance?

Echoes of last season I fear

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Isn't this a similar problem to what we created last year? 

It's very similar yes

But back then the manager didn't go out to the press and list the players he wants to keep

Then went back into the dressing room and said 'right lads - I need you to all play better for me'

Then brings Rhodes on after he's just told the press he doesn't have ANY strikers at the club and expects HIM to play well too

I want someone else to post these points really as people just say I'm anti-pulis but these are very serious points seriously affecting our team/club

Owlstalk Shop

Yes indeed. There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. 
We are up shizzle creek without a paddle. 
It’s all of the bad things that can happen to a club in one go. 

Only good thing is I am on stage 5 of the 5 stages of grief so am at ‘acceptance’ now. 

Be at peace with it fellow owls. 

I look forward to the spacious terraces next season on the south stand where I can tuck in my blanket and sip my Bovril in peace unmolested by other fans. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That's fine

Good luck getting results in the meantime then 

Yes because the results are cracking atm ain't they 

We are down, we ain't coming back from this 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's very similar yes

But back then the manager didn't go out to the press and list the players he wants to keep

Then went back into the dressing room and said 'right lads - I need you to all play better for me'

Then brings Rhodes on after he's just told the press he doesn't have ANY strikers at the club and expects HIM to play well too

I want someone else to post these points really as people just say I'm anti-pulis but these are very serious points seriously affecting our team/club

No, Monk publicly got rid of the players he didn't want in December and when Luongo got injured early in 2020 he was left with a weak midfield. His approach created the opposite of a positive dressing room and resulted in us nose diving.

At least that is how it should be seen if you are now totally blaming the current manager to our approach to contract negotiations. 

The real truth is more likely that since year 2 didn't result in promotion and year 3 started badly, we have had no coordinated plan to succeed.