Season ticket refund

10 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I received mine last week. I doubt that I’m the only person to be refunded.  It is still disgusting that people are waiting for refunds.

Well I'm very surprised to hear that, but pleased for you.

I'll revise my last comment then, to now say "because he has no intention of refunding en masse and in a timely manner. He is deliberately dragging this out."

On 28/04/2021 at 21:58, ChapSmurf said:

Because he has no intention of refunding. That should be absolutely obvious by now.

I think there is clearly an intention of refunding.

But on his own terms. i.e. there is no intention of improving the slow — and frankly disgusting process — they have committed to and you just have to wait until they get to you, whether than be tomorrow or a year's time. The 'unexpected demand' line shouldn't come into it... if the demand increases a company should alter their processes to accommodate (whether it costs them or not).

Anyone actively wanting the refund who didn't do a chargeback or Section 75 at this stage should shoulder some of the blame themselves too now (whilst not excusing the slow, painful presses the club have employed to process the refunds).

Honestly, it should have all been done and dusted within weeks. That it hasn't been done in almost a year is a disgrace.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

But on his own terms. i.e. there is no intention of improving the slow — and frankly disgusting process — they have committed to and you just have to wait until they get to you, whether than be tomorrow or a year's time. The 'unexpected demand' line shouldn't come into it... if the demand increases a company should alter their processes to accommodate (whether it costs them or not).

Anyone actively wanting the refund who didn't do a chargeback or Section 75 at this stage should shoulder some of the blame themselves too now (whilst not excusing the slow, painful presses the club have employed to process the refunds).

Honestly, it should have all been done and dusted within weeks. That it hasn't been done in almost a year is a disgrace.

Its insulting really. Absolute poo show. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

I did amend my original comment in response to Sham67 to say "because he has no intention of refunding en masse and in a timely manner. He is deliberately dragging this out." as my original comment was incorrect.

Sadly you're right. It's on his terms and very slow indeed. it is disgusting and, just shows exactly how fans are seen by owners these days. They simply do not care. We are an inconvenience to them.

Whilst I have not personally been affected by the ST refund debacle, I did have to go through similar with a certain budget airline. Of course they promised the earth and even sent me out emails stating their timeframe, which in the end I used against them. But consumers should not have to go down the route of chargebacks (although I deliberately did as I know this will have cost them money) or Section 75's get back what is rightly owed to them. Many people may not even realise these processes exist or, if they do, how to initiate them.

It is, like you said, a disgarce and it's doubtful people will forget that easily either.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Didnt work for me .   Club told Bank in process of refunding so bank said cannot proceed.

58 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

They are treating loyal supporters like mugs. 

It's shameful really.

How they could have been surprised that 55% of supporters wanted their money back rather than watching the last few games of last seasons sh*tshow on a laptop screen I don't know. They should have been thankful that it was only 55%.

To the have not managed to refund everyone 9 months on is ridiculous. I wonder what they think these supporters will do when it comes to paying for a season ticket for next season. The club shouldn't be surprised if nobody is willing to put down money up front for anything going forwards based on how this has been dealt with. 

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

As somebody who paid cash for their season ticket can you let me know what blame I should be shouldering?

• Like 1

I have absolutely zero idea about what it would cost to outsource this to a call centre. None whatsoever. I can only offer a ballpark guess that for the man hours + profits for said call centre, the process of calling every single fan and processing refunds would probably be around the order of £15k. Is that fair? I'm sure someone on here will know.

Anyway, for illustrative purposes, let's just call it £15k. 

What sort of immoral cúnt withholds refunds worth hundreds of pounds from people from one of the most working-class and least affluent areas in the country for almost a year, when it would cost him the weeks' wages of one of his (many) staff members to put it right at a speed that's at least 20 times faster than things are currently being processed? 

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I have absolutely zero idea about what it would cost to outsource this to a call centre. None whatsoever. I can only offer a ballpark guess that for the man hours + profits for said call centre, the process of calling every single fan and processing refunds would probably be around the order of £15k. Is that fair? I'm sure someone on here will know.

Anyway, for illustrative purposes, let's just call it £15k. 

What sort of immoral cúnt withholds refunds worth hundreds of pounds from people from one of the most working-class and least affluent areas in the country for almost a year, when it would cost him the weeks' wages of one of his (many) staff members to put it right at a speed that's at least 20 times faster than things are currently being processed? 

I am not sure it would need that anyway. 

Many of the club shop and ticket office staff were apparently furloughed during much of the time the physical shop was closed. Surely they could have taken them off furlough for a couple of weeks to try and clear this as a priority. I am sure that if for some strange reason there are 10,000 of us willing to stump up for season tickets for next season, it won't take the best part of a year for the money to be cleared from our accounts.  

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

What has Chansiri got to gain by doing this ...is it purely out of spite?

chansiri's just a spoiled, never wrong, throw his toys out of the cot, rich boy.

Doesn't give a damn about the minions beneath his feet ( you and I )
This blokes been brought up like a king in Thailand
paxo his taskmaster with his fist up his backside, no better.

Scumbags, utter scumbags, both of them.

• Like 2

At least after today we will be able to look forward to a detailed announcement about season tickets.

I trust the club will have had plans in place for either scenario.......