Season ticket refund

This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread but can’t the fans start some kind of mass petition?

It’s ridiculous that some fans still haven’t had the previous seasons refund (I have).

And just as bad that we may be expected to use this seasons ticket for L1 football, in my case £640, when I’m guessing most other L1 fans will be paying half that.

Im really not too concerned about the money as it was already spent, I’m concerned that the club thinks this is all OK!

They need to come up with a solution which works for everyone and gets the fanbase back inside (and I don’t mean a shop voucher).

They are treating loyal fans with total disrespect and are just sweeping the issue under the carpet by simply ignoring it and we don’t seem

to be doing anything about it.

Edited by Spookone
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Any Club in receipt of a loan payment as detailed will be required to continue to maintain compliance with the EFL's financial regulations.

That's us snookered then. 

Guest Grandad

The Chairman committed recently to having the refund for all complete by the end of May. For last season.

Still no word on this season (other than the club statement suggesting that tickets would be carried forward into next season, with a £10 deduction for every iFollow game watched)

Breaks my heart when I read what @Dr. Funkenstein did, the bit about his kids losing interest is the bit where our owner will send this club backwards for decades through his complete arrogance and ignorance.

We have got to find a way to turn the heat up on this imposter because he is sending us to the graveyard.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

With our current price range of £455 on the Kop, £555 in the North or Grandstand and £640 in the South can anybody believe that we are going to have an advantage over the other teams in league one that will be charging far less than we will? Its more or less like weeing in the sea with these silly sums being used to plug the incompetence of Chansiri's financial mismanagement of the club.

• Like 1

I still have not had my refund, I have reminded them but just get the standard email reply.

Thing is I will start going again in August, Covid permitting.

Do you think I could could change my request for ticket vouchers, a membership or a bovril package for the winter games and two halves of bitter for the summer????

Edited by Lombardo

On 09/05/2021 at 09:37, TaxiMark said:

Personally it's always a gamble getting the ST early, I always did though, some people invested in 10 Yr ones and thought it was a great investment because they envisaged us in the PL within a few seasons.

We could be in league one for much much longer then the previous visits.

I think you are missing the point of the “investment” in the 10 year season ticket.....it’s free season tickets every year until we get to the prem so it’s looking more and more of a good investment the worse we get

• Like 3

Just now, Ian said:

I think you are missing the point of the “investment” in the 10 year season ticket.....it’s free season tickets every year until we get to the prem so it’s looking more and more of a good investment the worse we get

True

Could be the best purchase an Owls fan ever made

So long as we still have a club

And so long as the new owner honours it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, Dr. Funkenstein said:

The club is sitting on £900+ of my cash from 19/20 and 20/21. During the past 15 months I‘ve had one email from SWFC to wish me a Happy Christmas.  I emailed the club 2 months ago to ask for a refund for 20/21 (no reply of course) as well as applying for the 19/20 refund last summer (not received of course). I will get the money, either through S75 (in process) or small claims (if S75 fails) or from the credit card company (if the club goes into administration). If this had been handled professionally and with some integrity I would be back again next season. Sadly these are two qualities in short supply at SWFC at the moment.  I’m so furious with the arrogance of the club that, at the moment, I don’t feel like giving them another penny while Chansiri is in charge. Not just the ticket income, but an average of £25 per game on food/snacks for the kids, couple of pints beforehand and a programme.  I’ve got two kids – who are the next generation of fans – who have got out of the habit of going and now aren’t that bothered. And I’m not in the mood to try and change their minds right now. Nothing to do with League One, or even the pricing, just pure frustration at the way they have treated us.

I can't blame anyone who has been treated like this but it's especially sad to see youngsters losing interest in going to matches...there are usually 3 generations of our family at matches and I'd hate for there not to be a 4th when my great grandaughter is old enough to go to matches. 

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
15 hours ago, Dr. Funkenstein said:

The club is sitting on £900+ of my cash from 19/20 and 20/21. During the past 15 months I‘ve had one email from SWFC to wish me a Happy Christmas.  I emailed the club 2 months ago to ask for a refund for 20/21 (no reply of course) as well as applying for the 19/20 refund last summer (not received of course). I will get the money, either through S75 (in process) or small claims (if S75 fails) or from the credit card company (if the club goes into administration). If this had been handled professionally and with some integrity I would be back again next season. Sadly these are two qualities in short supply at SWFC at the moment.  I’m so furious with the arrogance of the club that, at the moment, I don’t feel like giving them another penny while Chansiri is in charge. Not just the ticket income, but an average of £25 per game on food/snacks for the kids, couple of pints beforehand and a programme.  I’ve got two kids – who are the next generation of fans – who have got out of the habit of going and now aren’t that bothered. And I’m not in the mood to try and change their minds right now. Nothing to do with League One, or even the pricing, just pure frustration at the way they have treated us.

If appropriate, try credit card company or Small Claims Court which is easy, can be done on line and risk free.

Breach of contract is reason.

15 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

The so called premier league bailout is nothing of the sort, it is capped at £8.3m per club and is a loan that can only be accessed to pay money you owe to HMRC

Championship loan facility explained

The EFL has also secured a £200m loan facility from the Premier League that they will be able to lend on to Championship clubs.

Per EFL.com, the loan details are as follows:

The loan facility is provided to support clubs in the Championship to meet PAYE liabilities up to the end of 30 June 2021.

Loans are capped at £8.33m per Championship club with monies received to be repaid by June 2024 using Premier League solidarity receipts or other central Premier League or EFL Distributions.

This fund is not available to any club in breach or suspected breach of EFL Regulations and Clubs will again need to submit evidence in their applications to Club eligibility.

Any Club in receipt of a loan payment as detailed will be required to continue to maintain compliance with the EFL's financial regulations.

Thanks. I didn't know the details so very helpful.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Good point I seem to remember that now, so is this free ST forever or for a set amount of seasons?

6 minutes ago, the third man said:

Just got the notification from my credit card company that they are refunding me £910 for two kop tickets for this season

Got all my money back for the last two seasons now

Nice one ...thats a result.

15 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Nice one ...thats a result.

Like Neil says though, only if the owner is around for many more years or if the club remains in its current guise or if the new owner honours the deal on any sale of the club. All those variables would make me nervous if I had a 10-year season ticket with the state of the club right now. Not great from a business point of view for the club either - free season tickets until we get to the PL while we are now 2 divisions away from that goal is basically a club in huge debt giving money away to the people who would normally be paying in.  

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Like Neil says though, only if the owner is around for many more years or if the club remains in its current guise or if the new owner honours the deal on any sale of the club. All those variables would make me nervous if I had a 10-year season ticket with the state of the club right now. Not great from a business point of view for the club either - free season tickets until we get to the PL while we are now 2 divisions away from that goal is basically a club in huge debt giving money away to the people who would normally be paying in.  

I was replying to the lad getting his money back mate ...but on this matter I totally agree with you and somewhere down the line I can see this freebie collapsing as well.