Season ticket refund

When you have literally one person employed to manually ring every season ticket holder that has requested refunds, and that person only works normally office hours, that wait is going to go on and on.

The lack of local or national media coverage of this situation is diabolical. If it was my money tied up I'd be banging the gates down.

• Like 1

It would be a good idea for the club to announce something positive asap with regards to 20/21 ST refunds. Maybe a 25% rebate would be reasonable enough to encourage people to not pursue a refund and offer the club a little bit of wriggle room in terms of POTD prices next season.

Then, let's get a CEO in with a decent track record and contacts.

Releasing this news, as well as news of the upcoming new kit from a different/recognised  kit/leisurewear manufacturer on a long term deal with reasonable pricing might also help on the PR front- create a bit of a 'new start' mentality.

He might even get away with a 'vouchers for the shop' alternative if there was a full new range to spend it on.

• Like 1

I think the club should offer free away tickets to st holders on a ballot system. 

holders register their interest and names pulled out of a hat. 

50% of away allocation goes to these.

The rest to away st holders. Members. Foundation members. Gen sale. 

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Haven't we got a £7million pound payment on the stadium coming in a few weeks?

No, if by we you mean the club.  The stadium is owned by a third party .

I simply can’t go next season.

League one football doesn’t matter to me. I’ve done it before. But I am physically unable to go. 

I just don’t know how they can justify rolling season ticket money over to next season to people who’s circumstances have totally changed. 

I didn’t ask for a refund for the 19/20 season. There weren’t a lot of games left and I just sucked it up.

But I’ve spent £400+ on something they ultimately weren’t able to offer me, yes through no fault of their own. But I will be pursuing a refund this time around. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Haven't we got a £7million pound payment on the stadium coming in a few weeks?

He’s been paying it at £2m per month for the last 12 months, do really think any extra money will be paid. I thought you were brighter than that. 

Hillsborough is not owned by the Owls, but by Sheffield 3 Limited, a company controlled by Wednesday chairman Chansiri.

Chansiri agreed to pay £60m for Hillsborough, with the club's 2017-18 accounts showing that an initial payment of £7.5m was due within one year.

It now appears that Sheffield 3 have not paid the club for the stadium yet.

New Avenue Projects Limited have a charge - which is effectively a mortgage - over Hillsborough Stadium.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

We haven't made a single payment in rent on the stadium yet since he sold it

Why would any money change hands, it’s a paper exercise.

chairman owes club £7m

club owes chairman £3m

therefore chairman owes club £4m

but chairman puts in £10m+ every season

accountant allocates £4m to cover debt rest to directors loan account no additional money changes hands

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

chairman owes club £7m

club owes chairman £3m

accountant allocates £4m to cover debt rest to directors loan account no additional money changes hands

Yeh true _ i see your point 

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Having done their best to alienate 55% of 2019/20 season ticket holders with the shambolic way they have gone about those refunds, they risk alienating the fans who paid up front for a 2020-21 season ticket if they fail to offer any form of refunds.

If the club price renewal/early bird adult season tickets at £445 on the Kop, £555 on the North and £640 on the South for next season how many can they realistically expect to sell?

Shop vouchers that don't even cover the price of a replica short aren't going to go down well and I'm sure I am still owed £25 in ticket vouchers as part of the refund option I chose for 2019/20.

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

No, if by we you mean the club.  The stadium is owned by a third party .

But loan secured against it.

Also, Chansiri club shares.

Which may mean Keepmoat as our home soon. And Administration.

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

chairman owes club £7m

club owes chairman £3m

No it is not, companies are distinct legal entities you must do best for.

How is Sheffield 3 gonna repay £7 million loan September without rent from club? It has no other income source.

Before you say Chansiri, he cant pay players at present.

Edited by Hornsby

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

No it is not, companies are distinct kegal entities you must do best for.

How is Sheffield 3 gonna repay £7 million loan September without rent from club? It has no other income source.

Before you say Chansiri, he cant pay players at present.

DC to S3 £4m

S3 to SWFC £4m

= £4m less for DC to SWFC

No additional money for SWFC it’s really simple

as for the loan S3 has secured on the ground that is a separate arrangement nothing to do with SWFC ltd, other than who we pay the rent to. Emotionally yes it’s different but as you point out S3 is a separate legal entity.