Season ticket refund

5 hours ago, swfc1301 said:

I just spoke to someone in the ticket office about the rebates. 

He checked my account and saw that I'd requested the refund on the 30th June (the options for refunds were only opened on the 29th June), and said they get about as much information as fans do as it's the accounts team who are processing the refunds. 

He said they were currently working through those last two dates (I assume he meant the 29th/30th June). 

Has anyone else got their rebate who requested it on either of those dates? Interested to know if they are genuinely working through those two dates, or if he was telling me porkies. 

I requested mine on 29th June and have heard nothing.  I have completely lost faith in this football club and am sorry to say I am starting not to like them one little bit. Been a regular supported since 1967. Never thought Id say it but the club Ive supported for nigh on 53 years are instrumental in me falling out of love with the game.

18 minutes ago, Manwë said:

You wouldn't owe the bank anything, unless I'm missing something.

I would.  I’d owe them the refund if it ever comes through to cover off the money they lend me. 

Im not that desperate for it.   I thought Section 75 would be an end to it but the club still wouldn’t have refunded me if I took this option. 

im now just curious to see if they can stretch it out to a year. 

7 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I requested mine on 29th June and have heard nothing.  I have completely lost faith in this football club and am sorry to say I am starting not to like them one little bit. Been a regular supported since 1967. Never thought Id say it but the club Ive supported for nigh on 53 years are instrumental in me falling out of love with the game.

This is about the size of it for me too . I’ll probably carry on going to the matches but I’ll go out of my way not to spend an extra penny on / with the club whilst the present owner remains.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swfc1301 said:

He checked my account and saw that I'd requested the refund on the 30th June (the options for refunds were only opened on the 29th June), and said they get about as much information as fans do as it's the accounts team who are processing the refunds. 

He said they were currently working through those last two dates (I assume he meant the 29th/30th June). 

Has anyone else got their rebate who requested it on either of those dates? Interested to know if they are genuinely working through those two dates, or if he was telling me porkies. 

Requested mine on 29th and had call about 10 days ago. Money in bank 2 days later.

1 minute ago, Dezmo said:

I’m still waiting for my refund. Received  my confirmation email at 13:04 on 29/6. Chansiri says we should all be refunded by the end of May. 🙄

yeah may 2028 with a piece of cake ball and a free play off final t-shirt 🤣

I’ve had a response today on email saying they are struggling with “manually” getting through all the refunds and below is the response I had to my question about the plan for the 2020/21 season tickets....

“with regards to season tickets 20/21 every time that you are currently missing a match you are accumulating a rebate, this rebate will be credited on to your ticketing account towards the end of the season”

22 hours ago, Vaughan said:

I would.  I’d owe them the refund if it ever comes through to cover off the money they lend me. 

Im not that desperate for it.   I thought Section 75 would be an end to it but the club still wouldn’t have refunded me if I took this option. 

I'm confused with what you are being told. When I did the Section 75 with Tesco they just credited the amount back to my credit card and called it a credit adjustment.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2021 at 15:07, swfc1301 said:

I'm sure they said that months ago.

Are they only doing one phone call per day? 

23 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Section 75 has nothing to do with a contract between you and the club.

Section 75 is between you and the credit card company.

The contract is that the credit card company buy the ST and then you buy it off them, hoping to make money if you don't pay it off in time. 

With no ST the credit card have failed in their part of the contract, full repayment can be claimed.

The credit card company then have to chase any money owed off of the club.

Possibly be able to claim the statutory 8% interest on debt owed, though not sure how that would work with ST's.

The bank isn't doing you a favour they are bound by law.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Section 75 has nothing to do with a contract between you and the club.

Section 75 is between you and the credit card company.

The contract is that the credit card company buy the ST and then you buy it off them, hoping to make money if you don't pay it off in time. 

With no ST the credit card have failed in their part of the contract, full repayment can be claimed.

The credit card company then have to chase any money owed off of the club.

Possibly be able to claim the statutory 8% interest on debt owed, though not sure how that would work with ST's.

The bank isn't doing you a favour they are bound by law.

The bank told me they cannot process the Section 75 because they have spoken to the club who have told them a refund is going be given. 

So no Section 75 claim is happening here.  The bank were doing me a favour by offering to credit me the sum that would be refunded on the condition I pay it back when I get it. 

To sum up.  No Section 75. 

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

The bank told me they cannot process the Section 75 because they have spoken to the club who have told them a refund is going be given. 

So no Section 75 claim is happening here.  The bank were doing me a favour by offering to credit me the sum that would be refunded on the condition I pay it back when I get it. 

To sum up.  No Section 75. 

Yeah but they ( swfc) told their customers they would be refunded by a certain time ....sadly that time came and went so section 75 should come into play.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

I'm sure they said that months ago.

Are they only doing one phone call per day? 

Exactly. It's not as if they're busy selling tickets, and the refunds are a side issue. 

My parents still waiting. 

28 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Yeah but they ( swfc) told their customers they would be refunded by a certain time ....sadly that time came and went so section 75 should come into play.

I actually asked if legally, could they  drag out  the refunds for as long as they wanted.  The lady I was speaking to didn’t know if there was a timeframe.  I mentioned possibility of Administration , she said that would actually work in my favour as Section 75 definitely comes into play if that occurred. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

I actually asked if legally, could they  drag out  the refunds for as long as they wanted.  The lady I was speaking to didn’t know if there was a timeframe.  I mentioned possibility of Administration , she said that would actually work in my favour as Section 75 definitely comes into play if that occurred. 

That said we shouldn't even be having this conversation...I find it staggering that the club hasn't refunded all fans yet.

• Like 3

Still not received my refund for last season and decided not to phone or email during lockdown as that's usually a waste of time. Thought about going down to ticket office now its reopened to 'discuss' the situation. Would this also be a waste of time ? Has anyone else tried this since reopening ? 

15 minutes ago, Mosborough Owl said:

Still not received my refund for last season and decided not to phone or email during lockdown as that's usually a waste of time. Thought about going down to ticket office now its reopened to 'discuss' the situation. Would this also be a waste of time ? Has anyone else tried this since reopening ? 

Me and my dad have had season tickets for 34 consecutive seasons and love swfc. I hope chansiri and the club understand the damage how this has been dealt with this season has done. Surely they understand you should look after your most loyal supporters ? 

• Love 2

7 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

That said we shouldn't even be having this conversation...I find it staggering that the club hasn't refunded all fans yet.

Its obscene and spiteful.

Edited by Vaughan