Season ticket refund

23 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think the club should offer refunds.
People brought season tickets for Championship football and now forced to use them for League 1 football.

£550 for me to watch us v Accrington Stanley and Fleetwood. I have already paid so will accept me season ticket being rolled over but if I hadn't already paid I am not sure what I would do.

At the time of early bird pricing in 2020 for this season we were at risk of relegation due to points deduction and we still bought.  

21 hours ago, vulva said:

Playing devils advocate the vast majority of season tickets are bought not knowing what league we will be in. 

Not knowing for sure maybe but there is normally some certainty. Our season tickets last went on sale in January when we had 42 points with around 20 games of the season left. 

That should be a fairly safe bet that we wouldn't be playing 3rd division football the following season.

If season tickets had gone on sale this January for next season at the same prices then I am sure sales would have been significantly lower due to the league position.

I’m gonna be physically incapable of attending games next season. Certainly for the first half of the season anyway. 

I imagine that if I write to the club they’re not gonna say no to a refund? Things simply have to be considered on an individual basis. You can’t just roll these things over with no leeway because people’s circumstances change.

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
On 16/04/2021 at 10:47, Grandad said:

The club have already stated that this seasons ST will roll over to next season

Its been confirmed.

If one agrees.

You have legal right to refund.

Small Claims Court on line.Easy.

6 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Essentially we’ve been bamboozled to pay 450 quid+ for league one football. Will that go down as the most expensive third division price in football history? 

"Sheffield Wednesday, smashing world records since cake ball"

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Hornsby
7 hours ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Essentially we’ve been bamboozled to pay 450 quid+ for league one football. Will that go down as the most expensive third division price in football history? 

If you agree to it.

If not, cant refuse refund legally.

Again, Small Claims Court on line is simple fir breach of contract by club.

I just spoke to someone in the ticket office about the rebates. 

He checked my account and saw that I'd requested the refund on the 30th June (the options for refunds were only opened on the 29th June), and said they get about as much information as fans do as it's the accounts team who are processing the refunds. 

He said they were currently working through those last two dates (I assume he meant the 29th/30th June). 

Has anyone else got their rebate who requested it on either of those dates? Interested to know if they are genuinely working through those two dates, or if he was telling me porkies. 

Lloyds called me regarding my Section 75 claim.

They have spoken ot the club with regards to pushing through my refund.

Club not budging, said I'll get it when i get it . 

The bank, to be fair,  have said they are willing to process a credit to my card in lieu of the refund.  I've declined that but it illustrates whata shhithouse the club has become.

So there you go. Section 75 not guaranteed to work,

21 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Lloyds called me regarding my Section 75 claim.

They have spoken ot the club with regards to pushing through my refund.

Club not budging, said I'll get it when i get it . 

The bank, to be fair,  have said they are willing to process a credit to my card in lieu of the refund.  I've declined that but it illustrates whata shhithouse the club has become.

So there you go. Section 75 not guaranteed to work,

Why have you declined your section 75 refund from the bank. What was the point in raising it in the first place?

• Like 6

Can't remember when I asked for the refund but I've not heard anything at all from the club. This season will be over before I do. Ive also not heard owt about rolling this season over or anything. Tbh I've forgotten about the refund so owt I do get will be a bonus. I'll spend it on whiskey. 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2021 at 11:11, FlyingOwl said:

I’m gonna be physically incapable of attending games next season. Certainly for the first half of the season anyway. 

I imagine that if I write to the club they’re not gonna say no to a refund? Things simply have to be considered on an individual basis. You can’t just roll these things over with no leeway because people’s circumstances change.

I expect that they will have to offer a refund as an option again when all is done and dusted.

At the time that the offered the rollover to next season with £10 off the rollover for every i-follow game watched, they were not in a position to know whether the closed stadium would last all season. 

Once the last home game is played this weekend they should be in a position to put out a clearer statement which should include the option of a refund. From a legal standpoint I think any club not doing so would be on dodgy ground. You can't simply say 'have it next year instead' for something bought to be used within a certain time frame, as you say, circumstances change which makes that unfair. 

On 19/04/2021 at 02:07, ohgoditsjames said:

£530 for mine and that’s not the most expensive .

3 hours ago, Ian said:

Why have you declined your section 75 refund from the bank. What was the point in raising it in the first place?

It isn’t a Section 75 refund.  This is the bank doing me a favour. I’d “owe” the bank the money.  I don’t want to owe anyone anything. 

i told them I may take them up on it if it drags out for another 2 months which they will be happy to do. 

The point in raising it was to expedite my refund. 

Edited by Vaughan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Can't remember when I asked for the refund but I've not heard anything at all from the club. This season will be over before I do. Ive also not heard owt about rolling this season over or anything. Tbh I've forgotten about the refund so owt I do get will be a bonus. I'll spend it on whiskey. 

Here you go mate, I read that as it’s being rolled over to next season.

So for example, if your seat is on the South Stand, you’ve paid £640 to watch third division football.

:Chansiri:

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/202021-season-supporter-update/

49 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

It isn’t a Section 75 refund.  This is the bank doing me a favour. I’d “owe” the bank the money.  I don’t want to owe anyone anything. 

i told them I may take them up on it if it drags out for another 2 months which they will be happy to do. 

The point in raising it was to expedite my refund. 

You wouldn't owe the bank anything, unless I'm missing something.