What Would It Take For Monk To Win You Round?

If I could see him building something I could put up with poor results initially, knowing we are heading in the right direction. Monk has clearly started to sort out some of our problems but this hasn't transferred to either results or performances on the pitch. When we went down under big Ron, we had patience because you could see he was transforming us from a team that just lumped it forward to a style of one and two touch football, get it wide to wingers and overlapping full backs and then get crosses in the box. Without seeing progress in relation to the style of play then it has to be down to results and we're not getting them. 

Just now, full fathom five said:

Too late, it ain't gonna happen as he's past the point of no return.

Yes.

The problem is that Chansiri doesn't recognize the signs.

Monk doesn't have to win me round.

I was glad when he was appointed.

I don't think he's a terrible manager.

It's just not working here, that's all.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I’m not going to over complicate it.

He needs to win games, that’s all I care about.

He will win more more games if he employs some forward thinking tactics, sensible substitutions and focuses on players playing in the correct positions

I believe our squad is more than good enough for 4th bottom

Yep just win some games and show that he can keep us up. If you are winning games regularly fans are happy. It's pretty simple really.

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

His record is Horrendous, this season is worse than last season. He cannot do the job. Needs to go ASAP. 

Agreed

Its beyond bad now

We must be the worst side in the country by a mile since Christmas, with no sign of things getter better 

2 hours ago, Nut said:

If I could see him building something I could put up with poor results initially, knowing we are heading in the right direction. Monk has clearly started to sort out some of our problems but this hasn't transferred to either results or performances on the pitch. When we went down under big Ron, we had patience because you could see he was transforming us from a team that just lumped it forward to a style of one and two touch football, get it wide to wingers and overlapping full backs and then get crosses in the box. Without seeing progress in relation to the style of play then it has to be down to results and we're not getting them. 

I feel the same, but out of interest, which problems do you think Monk has sorted out?

57 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I feel the same, but out of interest, which problems do you think Monk has sorted out?

Getting rid of the supposed 'bad influences', reducing the wage bill, and trying to bring in younger players with a point to prove and potential resale value whilst being restricted by the finances and a 12 point deduction. His signings haven't been amazing but I don't think we could have realistically expected much better and obviously the injuries have made things even more difficult. It also was never likely to be fully sorted in one transfer window. It could be a case like when Chris Turner left whereby someone else comes in and has success on the back of the previous managers failure With a fully fit squad we should still be good enough to stay up but if Monk stays in charge I doubt we will. 

8 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

I think it’s pretty obvious that Monks tenure has run it’s course and I can’t recall a manager ever coming back from (or even lasting) a run this horrendous.

With DC’s reluctance to do the necessary deed, what would Monk have to do to win you over? Besides resigning. 

How is it possible to get the fans back on side, or to get his support in the first place? Would it take a run of 5 wins in a row, a long unbeaten run, the players playing to and understanding a system? Even just showing some fight, desire and a willingness to attack a team for once? 

How can any manager come back from this or is it an impossible task? 

Winning games..