What Would It Take For Monk To Win You Round?

I think it’s pretty obvious that Monks tenure has run it’s course and I can’t recall a manager ever coming back from (or even lasting) a run this horrendous.

With DC’s reluctance to do the necessary deed, what would Monk have to do to win you over? Besides resigning. 

How is it possible to get the fans back on side, or to get his support in the first place? Would it take a run of 5 wins in a row, a long unbeaten run, the players playing to and understanding a system? Even just showing some fight, desire and a willingness to attack a team for once? 

How can any manager come back from this or is it an impossible task? 

To be in Positive points by the end of the week

closed the gap on relegation rivals by mid December

be out of the bottom 3 by the 1st of January 

would persuade me that hes on the right track 

He won’t win me round.

I despise his post match interviews, his critique on the game is absolute bonkers sometimes - we don’t ever look like scoring and he talks about fine margins etc.

His consistent determination to play a system that doesn’t work will be his downfall, if he reverted to a solid system whilst we went through this transition and tough injury period he might have got better results.

• Like 3

I've tried to be patient and supportive, but nothing he can realistically do will make a difference.

He had a low level of goodwill with me after last season and while I tried to buy into the 'project' and be supportive it's quickly become a mirror image of last season. 

They say a football team is built in the managers image and I don't like what I'm seeing. All talk and no action, not interested the bullshit anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

It would be difficult. The first thing he needs to do, is admit that he’d got things wrong, and switch to a back four. Start playing through the midfield instead of bypassing it, and get us on the front foot in games. Personally I don’t think he would ever do that, especially admit he was wrong.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

He has this one game.

It has to be immaculate.

I promised i'd give him ten games, this is the tenth

Same here. He barely deserved it after season before but ten games I thought from start of season. 

However, as we cannot get out of minus points he has to go - especially after losing against all three relegation battlers without scoring. So in effect the 10th game does not matter now sp he needs to go even if we win 5-0. 

Garry Monk is the most useless manager we have ever had. His arrogance in the position when looking at the stats is astounding. Dropping key players when we were going OK was baffling. Signing all these players but not one that can score is crazy. Signing a bunch of crocks is mental. I like Izzy Brown but we needed someone able to put in 40+ games a season with the budget he will cost. The horrible tactics. List is endless. 

The guy's career is over. Who would want him after this shambles. 

As a side note I do also blame DC but with current squad and teams we have played we should already be in plus points. Surely no one can defend that?

He will never win me round as he is not capable to play in a way which I find entertaining. He will never win the amount of games required this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m not going to over complicate it.

He needs to win games, that’s all I care about.

He will win more more games if he employs some forward thinking tactics, sensible substitutions and focuses on players playing in the correct positions

I believe our squad is more than good enough for 4th bottom

• Love 2

Guest FoxOwl12

I didn't want him here in the first place. If you look at his CV he has never built up a team of his own. We have given him the chance and has shown to be incapable. So to answer your question there is nothing he could do to convince me he is the right man for the job.

Impressed with what he tried to do in the summer, expected us to be a totally different team this season but feel like we took one step forward to then take two steps back.

Chansiri will stick with Monk for as long as possible. I think that's mainly due to the finances needed to make a change in the current climate.

In regards to the fans, he's gone past the point of no return after the last 3 results and performances. What did it for me was seeing him smiling and laughing with an ex-team mate at the full time whistle after a third consecutive defeat, and in his post match interview telling Dom nobody is hurting more than him ;-) A major schoolboy error for me, he should at least have had his reunion out of sight of the camera. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Personally I think to much has happened for him to turn it around. Should have gone a while ago. He won’t admit he’s wrong, is to stubborn to change this formation he is obsessed with and the last 3 results where a disgrace. The only reason he is here is because we have a clueless chairman