What Would It Take For Monk To Win You Round?

Monk would win me over if he resigned, then when Wilder is poached after the piggies are relegated he takes over, takes them into back to back relegations as we are promoted unbeaten next term to swap places with them. 

Then and only then!! 

As long as we keep chipping away at the 12pt deficit I'm happy for him to be here.....already made up 5 pts on 4th bottom so keep that up and we should be catching them after around 30 games .as to keep that up though or I like a lot on here will want him gone .

• Like 1

Without the deduction we'd be sat in 15th which considering he had to clear out the failures from previous seasons ,operate on a reduced wage bill while building a new squad with cheapo's, freebies and loans  .....I dont know who's out there looking for job who could do much better .

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Without the deduction we'd be sat in 15th which considering he had to clear out the failures from previous seasons ,operate on a reduced wage bill while building a new squad with cheapo's, freebies and loans  .....I dont know who's out there looking for job who could do much better .

But we have the deduction, we knew from the start that we needed to be 12 points better than at least 3 other teams (and gifted 3 teams likely to be bottom 3 candidates 3 points)

Monk's plan was plan was plus points after 11 games, running at around 1 point per game, which equates to 36-38 points over the season. 

I took a crumb of comfort seeing the players reaction to Monk after the game.  Everyone associated with this club has been let down in one-way shape or form and I include Monk in that.  Although, like the players and Chansiri, they've all been culpable, so he also has to take some of the blame for where we are. 

24 minutes ago, striker said:

But we have the deduction, we knew from the start that we needed to be 12 points better than at least 3 other teams (and gifted 3 teams likely to be bottom 3 candidates 3 points)

Monk's plan was plan was plus points after 11 games, running at around 1 point per game, which equates to 36-38 points over the season. 

But he is closing the deficit and if he continues to do so at the rate we are on course to reach 4th bottom around the 30-35 game mark   .....

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

But he is closing the deficit and if he continues to do so at the rate we are on course to reach 4th bottom around the 30-35 game mark   .....

Disagree, current points per game performance sees us finish rock bottom, by some distance.

Also Derby and Forest at home tonight, both winnable games, so likely the deficit could be 9 points, which by that logic, closing the deficit by 3 points every 10  games takes it right to the wire at 40 games+....which is why I prefer to assess by points per game.

29 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

If he wins the next few games I'll forget about last week but we ain't scoring goals apart from pens so no chance

Still only 2 goals from open play in 10 games, 2 penalties, a set piece and an own goal. 

Despite an improved performance last night, only 2 shots on target. Presumably one being the penalty, I don't recall the other TBH as I don't think Begovic made save?

Better, but I agree, don't think we've solved the problem of scoring goals.