GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Long ball first half

Get a goal

We’re doing well and on top

Brings off FDB who is just getting into the game

Goes backs the the wall with 35 mins left

Inverts the wingers despite the wingers being on the right side serving us PERFECTLY WELL

Absolutely clueless joke of a manager

Only silver lining is that the Monk apologists can now see it clearly 

Oh and Van Aken was poo all day and bailed out a dozen times by Lees who was OUTSTANDING

fizz off Monk, UTO

Disagree with that you mothers

welcome to the land of muppet number 1.

Guest Therealrealist
18 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’m sure you did old boy, at your pace

I’m sure you can also appreciate the difference with what you might have done with your mates and at a Sunday league level, compared to first division professional football 

We are in the second division

8 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

You are having a laugh 

Lees had it strapped up to try and Cary on 

I would think he will be out for a considerable amount of time with a injury like that 

You could see he was gutted to go off 

I can onto presume you have never played competitive football to understand how painful a injury like that is and how much more damage you can do by trying to play on . 

All I'm saying is we need is a bit of this.... 

925FXSxPRbvmD2BrixslyKwqRAqt0H5uvBYnwW31StE.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Long ball first half

Get a goal

We’re doing well and on top

Brings off FDB who is just getting into the game

Goes backs the the wall with 35 mins left

Inverts the wingers despite the wingers being on the right side serving us PERFECTLY WELL

Absolutely clueless joke of a manager

Only silver lining is that the Monk apologists can now see it clearly 

Oh and Van Aken was poo all day and bailed out a dozen times by Lees who was OUTSTANDING

fizz off Monk, UTO

Disagree with that you mothers

Agreed, wrong manager, very obvious to me we haven't got the squad to do it 

2 hours ago, Ian said:

We lost our most influential defender and a cast iron starter in minefield before the game

We had 2 defenders off injured in the first 45 minutes

Despite this we were leading 1-0. We were on top in the game and as both teams started to tire our wide midfielders were starting to stretch the game. Can you not even consider that had we kept on doing what we were doing we may have scored a second? Then the bad luck of going down to ten men in injury time wouldn’t have affected the result. As long as our tactics are to shut up shop after taking the lead we will always be susceptible to a bad mistake, a bad decision or bad luck costing us points. 

To respond to the statemen which is the thread title..... No he didn't. A series of injuries to our central defenders did.

If Monk had deliberately gone out and kicked the crap out of them you might have a point, he'd didn't, so you don't.

I just don't understand why we set up the way we do. 

It all seems very much like a "don't lose at all costs" type mentality to me. 

We will have these little spells (like we did today) where we look half decent and create a few chances, but how often over the course of a game do we look like doing that? 

10 - 20%?

That's where the issues come from. We rarely create many chances/ score goals and are lucky to find ourselves more than a goal to the good if we are winning. If we are winning, then we inevitably end up dropping deeper and deeper, then the mistake comes. Today was another example of that, albeit we weren't helped by having about six defenders getting injured. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

We need to stop playing Russian Roulette with this lack of firepower. Going into this season we had Monk's previous points yeald, and minus twelve points staring back at us. For me, and I'm sure many others, with these negatives to deal with we really needed to get the strikers in before a ball was kicked. Because strikers need to settle. Right? We have done OK considering there's been little there. Was this big struggle needed? But somehow could we have got them deals wrapped up early? Yes Monk has done well getting the other players in but goals win games. Things could certainly have been better points wise and the strikers would have been bedded in more on some earl arrival. Are we going to leave it to 11pm on deadline day. Why? Then will it be four to five weeks before anyone new could possibly start settling in. A striker can maybe take longer to settle. WE CAN'T AFFORD TO BE MESSING AROUND HOPING ON LUCK OR SOMETHING. WE NEED GOALS!! I'd say two strikers. Why compromise? Other areas of the team strengthening would prove helpful too. Come on Monk sort goals out in this team! Set pieces and who's best with em and all that. It needed sorting like months back so can we please gear this club up!! We are meant to be Sheffield Wednesday aren't we!! 

Totally agree but listening to Monk today,its not for lack of trying..can only bring in players if there available..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah yeah

It's all MONK's fault we're on minus 12

Thought it would be

*S36OWL doffs his cap and bows down to the chairman because 'he's putting his money into the club*

Not at all but it is Monk's fault he can't manage/coach this squad, his squad to achieve more. We need strong leadership and results, Monk continues to fail on all counts regardless of excuses.

• Like 1

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

On what do you base your assumption that Dele was “gassed”?

That’s the longest he’s played in any league match this season right? so I’d say that along with the tempo and velocity which comes with that, for someone in their first professional season at 19? Dunno, maybe I’m being too assuming 

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I'm not saying we are doomed.

But I have 0% confidence in him.

That's mainly because of three reasons.

1, His shocking record at this club.

2, The awful, dire, negative football we play.

3, His failure at every club he's been at.  

They are 3 good and valid reasons

3 minutes ago, whatdial said:

We need to get wins. Playing for a 1-0 isn’t enough. It should be win or bust, we realistically need 20 wins to stay up. Playing this defensive football will send us down. 

Its a big job,we were only seconds away from a valuable hard fought win,going to be other games that will go the other way..