GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm finding it interesting to see which fans are up for the tough season ahead, and who's already given up, thrown the towel in and started crying after just a few games

I think a lot of fans are being realistic and are quite understandably fed up of conceding daft last minute goals. It’s a complete sucker punch and it’s happening time and time again. 

I said in pre-season, Monk has lost too many games to turn it around here. I’d love to back the bloke but the football is negative and I don’t agree with his tactics and I don’t get his decisions. 

He has his own men in now. He’s signed his own players. There’s no more excuses. But today was scarily familiar to last season. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm the one who's getting ripped to bits for daring to stay positive 

Didn't you say it earlier that the fans have no bearing on results.

How brave of you to stay positive.

I'm being realistic based on what is being served up. 

44 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Sadly we have a clueless owner who seems happy to see his club in league one next season, because that's exactly where we are heading under Monk 

If it wasn't for covid Monk would be gone because crowds would be seriously down and the sight of home fans booing and heading for the exits would be enough to see the back of Monk. Monk is very very very lucky these circumstances exist but it isn't going to save him forever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm finding it interesting to see which fans are up for the tough season ahead, and who's already given up, thrown the towel in and started crying after just a few games

All I ever read from supporters of Monk are excuse after excuse for his failings. They love an excuse. I don't find that interesting, but it's very revealing that they put their support for a manager ahead of what's best for the club. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, full fathom five said:

If it wasn't for covid Monk would be gone because crowds would be seriously down and the sight of home fans booing and heading for the exits would be enough to see the back of Monk. 

Can you point me to one single example when that's been the case under Chansiri?

He doesn't work like that

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, cowl said:

All I ever read from supporters of Monk are excuse after excuse for his failings. They love an excuse. I don't find that interesting, but it's very revealing that they put their support for a manager ahead of what's best for the club. 

All  I ever read from Monk haters are that valid REASONS are deemed as excuses. 

They love claiming they're excuses

I don't find that interesting but it's very revealing they put their hate for a manager ahead of what's best for the club

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think a lot of fans are being realistic and are quite understandably fed up of conceding daft last minute goals. It’s a complete sucker punch and it’s happening time and time again. 

I said in pre-season, Monk has lost too many games to turn it around here. I’d love to back the bloke but the football is negative and I don’t agree with his tactics and I don’t get his decisions. 

He has his own men in now. He’s signed his own players. There’s no more excuses. But today was scarily familiar to last season. 

Agree with this,  I’m not a Monk out supporter but it’s starting to worry me how similar to last season the performances have been.  In the second halves against Watford and Bristol city and most of today’s game we don’t seem to have improved very much.  Hopefully during the next 2 weeks we will see more arrivals and improvements from training 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I don't find that interesting but it's very revealing they put their hate for a manager ahead of what's best for the club

No one has reason to hate him, yet... !

Monk's record is hardly what's best for the club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Give a reason—or even an excuse—for why our defensive issues so impaired what we did in possession today. We could we only muster about 15 minutes of play that was on the front foot?

I think we've reached a point now where those who don't want Monk are just repetitively posting the same angry nonsense over and over again

We hear you

You don't want Monk

It would be refreshing if you could engage in a more intelligent mature manner and discuss things constructively, maturely, and sensibly instead  of just firing the same nonsense over and over and over and over again.

We get it

You don't want Monk

But come on... let's up the standard of debate a little eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

10 months of 'valid reasons' when the previous 3 months were fine under the same system.

Other managers have coped. He has a worse record than Jos did for us.

Paul Cooke came back after lock down to find his poor Wigan squad had been deducted 12 points and were going into administration. Did he use it as an excuse? No he rolled his sleeves up and they won more points on the pitch than we did. Poorer squad, points deduction applied and club put into admin from underneath them. Still got results and played decent football.

The bright new dawn under Monk is not going to come. You are right though, I need a break from it, I'll leave you to it for tonight. 

I think we've reached a point now where those who don't want Monk are just repetitively posting the same angry nonsense over and over again

We hear you

You don't want Monk

It would be refreshing if you could engage in a more intelligent mature manner and discuss things constructively, maturely, and sensibly instead  of just firing the same nonsense over and over and over and over again.

We get it

You don't want Monk

It's well above the standard of debate :  Trump v Biden !

21 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

😆 Let's see where McCarthys next job is at? 

I'm sure he'll end up at a top club based on his record. Any club with ambition will be chomping at the bit, oh hang on a minute . . . . .

Comparing Bielsa and McCarthy, I'm embarrassed for you 😆😆 

The comparison was made off your basis that out of work managers are no good... 🤦‍♂️

We hear you

You don't want Monk

We get it

You don't want Monk

Some great statistics and debate going on tonight. Highlighting concerns over our home record, our shocking record at conceding late goals since his arrival and his style of football. 

You’re the only one posting the same nonsense 

lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd say the injures to Iorfa, Shaw, Palmer and Lees played a pretty big role in that result today, as did Luongo's miss in the final few minutes.

Terrible luck has done for us today.

They missed a big chance before we scored too , so we got lucky there . 

We hear you

You don't want Monk

We get it

You don't want Monk

I did the other day - posting a lengthy appraisal of Monk's time at the club. You met it with ‘IN OTHER WORDS MONK WAS RIGHT’. Or something like that.

You reap what you sow. If you want constructive, mature and sensible discussion then I suggest you lead by example.

• Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Some great statistics and debate going on tonight. Highlighting concerns over our home record, our shocking record at conceding late goals since his arrival and his style of football.  

In amongst absolute tantrums and dummy spitting

Let's eradicate the nonsense and up the quality as just hearing the same posters posting about the same reasons they want Monk gone over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over is dull as dishwater now

Owlstalk Shop