GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

1,25 points per game

No SWFC player scored at Hillsborough yet

Baffling substitutions 

Swapping and changing the starting XI already

1 25 per game would give us around 58pts for the season. 46 pts is No way near enough to stay up 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Honestly? Probably not, do you? And if so what makes you think that 

Player for player, and taking the blue and white specs off, are we better than any of those sides, taking away Bannan and Luongo? 

In terms of quality this side is somewhere between 17-24th, it has shown that for the last year 

And last years results aren’t on bad tactics alone, that is impossible. They have to take a large share of the blame 

Last season was apparently because we had expensive waters holding us back. They have been offloaded but little has changed in terms of performances despite all the positive talk.

Coventry, Rotherham and Wycombe haven't upgraded much on what were League One sides last season, certainly below the level we have. Lees, Bannan, Luongo, Palmer, Brown, Windass, Paterson, Reach, Iorfa, Harris, Rhodes, Westwood, Borner etc would all get a regular start for those teams if used correctly. 

They may have more effective managers than us though. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I know you hate Monk

You love to tell everyone every five seconds

But to suggest he's to blame for the minus 12 points deduction is utterly pathetic

Where have I said he to blame for the deduction mate? 

He IS to blame for the form in the second half of last season, which meant the 12pts wasn't taken off then because we didn't have enough to stay up. 

• Like 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

He IS to blame for the form in the second half of last season, which meant the 12pts wasn't taken off then because we didn't have enough to stay up. 

AMAZING

You doubled down in a way that you didn't even do it ironically

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

FFS calm the **** down.....its 2 points lost,YES there will be others,overall the re building job is ongoing...its going to take time,...NO we are not hitting play off or promotion form yet...look at Barnsley other teams are dong much worse,Blades lost 3 on the bounce,it happens

Positives? we didnt  lose a goal until almost the end,we gained another valuable point,and go on...

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I get what your saying.

23 points out or 69 and not 17, means the independent commission take the points off last season as an F you to the EFL!

Meaning we start on 0 points this season and have a boring mid table season.

I do think the -12 is making people panic more than usual!

we are 8 points adrift, It needs closing ASAP!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, parajack said:

FFS calm the **** down.....its 2 points lost,YES there will be others,overall the re building job is ongoing...its going to take time,...NO we are not hitting play off or promotion form yet...look at Barnsley other teams are dong much worse,Blades lost 3 on the bounce,it happens

Positives? we didnt  lose a goal until almost the end,we gained another valuable point,and go on...

I don’t think it’s just about today. It’s about the last 9 months. 

We have won 5 in 27 and there are no signs of anything improving. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

If only Monk had been touch tight with their striker and won that header, it would have been another three points in the bag. 

Monks job is to PICK a player who is "Touch tight" on the defender....Thats what Monks job is

Simply how it works.....Its not a one off...Its been happening week in week out...look at our recent home form

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

So do I

He's suggesting Monk is to blame for the -12 points deduction

I think he's suggesting better performances and results in the second half of last season and this season we start on 0!

And blaming Monk for poor performances last season!

• Like 2

Just now, 0114 said:

I don’t think it’s just about today. It’s about the last 9 months. 

We have won 5 in 27 and there are no signs of anything improving. 

There are signs but with some 6 or 7 first team players still in the squad from last season,its inevitable there will be some aspects of last season still likley to rear its ugly head....we must be patient....its all we have