GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

29 minutes ago, Ian said:

We only had 1 shot on target and yet scored.....and you’re clueless on tactics.....if you think we were doing well in the first half you were watching a different game

You’ve had a nightmare there.

Read my posts again and try to understand properly 

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You’re aware of how the lads body works then, you his physiotherapist. You must be in training with him each day then 

Having him sit in would be pointless as we needed a runner who could close down, hence Joey 

He’s a young lad with a handful of professional appearances, playing in a tough physical match today. Don’t forget he’s still getting up to speed 

Throwing on Joey didn’t cost us 3 bloody pts FFS, next 

You’re right.

It cost us 2 points

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Ah the old "if everything else fails blame the fans card" unfortunately us fans are powerless to effect what happens on the field of play.

Nobody is blaming the fans at all?

Fans are completely powerless to effect what happens on the field of play.

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

As at every club, the manager is brought in to get results, and is quite rightly judged on his results. Monk's record at Hillsbro is horrendous, there is no excusing it. He has failed and the buck for on field results stops at his door. 

Nobody can argue with any of the above

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thread title should be "are we doomed with a fanbase with the level of expectation that ours have given our points deduction, lack of squad quality, and inability to bring in the necessary quality of player to really make a difference'

If Monk's record hadn't been so horrendous in the second half of last season, the 12pts would have been taken off us at the end of the season meaning we would have avoided starting on - 12. 

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
58 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

We are doomed because of the fans who will back him until it's too late.

They'll then say they wanted him gone all along.

Disgusting.

And it’s always the same sort er fans who are the last to realise the manager has to go..it happens all the time with every manager

Just now, S36 OWL said:

If Monk's record hadn't been so horrendous in the second half of last season, the 12pts would have been taken off us at the end of the season meaning we would have avoided starting on - 12. 

Ah yeah

It's all MONK's fault we're on minus 12

Thought it would be

*S36OWL doffs his cap and bows down to the chairman because 'he's putting his money into the club*

Owlstalk Shop

I literally have no idea what our tactics are apart from hoof it long and hope for the best.

We struggle to string more than 3-4 passes together, why I don't know.  Formation doesn't help us whatsoever.  

For me 352 doesn't work.  The flanks are an integral plan to how we should set up and go about things.  It is how the great Hannibal was able to take on and crush the Roman  army, utilising the flanks, in this example the Numidian cavalry to devastating effect

W need to go back to a more familiar system, 442.  

I'm not saying we are doomed.

But I have 0% confidence in him.

That's mainly because of three reasons.

1, His shocking record at this club.

2, The awful, dire, negative football we play.

3, His failure at every club he's been at.  

• Like 2

Just now, jonnyowl said:

I'm not saying we are doomed.

But I have 0% confidence in him.

That's mainly because of three reasons.

1, His shocking record at this club.

2, The awful, dire, negative football we play.

3, His failure at every club he's been at.  

Can't argue with the first two points although he's had many many issues to deal with at this club

The third point is utterly ridiculous however

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Would you swap our squad with Rotherhm's Wycombe's. QPR's or Coventry's then?

We should be 12 points better off than 3 of those over the course of 46 games. If we took 4 points of each of them and matched their results in the rest of the games then we would stay up. 

An effective manager would make the team better than the sum of its parts as well. 

Think the last paragraph is the bit where it goes wrong. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah yeah

It's all MONK's fault we're on minus 12

Thought it would be

*S36OWL doffs his cap and bows down to the chairman because 'he's putting his money into the club*

I didn't say the points deduction was Monk's  fault, but the horrendous form since Christmas was down to Monk, and the result was we didn't have enough pts to have the deduction imposed at the end of the season. 

• Like 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Can't argue with the first two points although he's had many many issues to deal with at this club

The third point is utterly ridiculous however

Why?

If Carlos failed because we didn't gain promotion, then surely Monk has failed as he's never got a team into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I didn't say the points deduction was Monk's  fault, but the horrendous form since Christmas was down to Monk, and the result was we didn't have enough pts to have the deduction imposed at the end of the season. 

I know you hate Monk

You love to tell everyone every five seconds

But to suggest he's to blame for the minus 12 points deduction is utterly pathetic

Owlstalk Shop