GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

Some people in our fan base really need to give their heads a massive shake.

I'm not Monk's biggest fan but everyone needs to get behind the team, manager, owner, tea lady, whoever, this season. Its us against the world this season. 

Monk cost us the game... What a muppet 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Monks job is to PICK a player who is "Touch tight" on the defendr....Thats what Monks job is

And if that player has gone off injured and can't be replaced as other defenders have already gone off injured?

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

We are doomed because of the fans who will back him until it's too late.

They'll then say they wanted him gone all along.

Disgusting.

What’s disgusting is the scramble to stick the knife in to the Manager and any player in a team you are supposed to support!!

4 players injured and even then it took until the 96th minute with only ten on the pitch for them to equalise. That’s Garry Monk’s fault is it? Rubbish!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Monks job is to PICK a player who is "Touch tight" on the defender....Thats what Monks job is

He did.

But then Iorfa got injured in the buildup; Shaw went off injured after a minute; Palmer went off injured at halftime; and Lees went off injured and left us down to ten men and with a back three of Odubajo, Paterson and van Aken.

:duntmatter:

• Like 4

I think it's a tad early to be rolling out the PPG as an indication we are doomed as some are

1.25 now but minutes from 1.75 per game there is a massive disparity in points at the end of the season using these 2 figures as there always will be using an average figure with so few games being played so far 

10 games will give us more of an indication on where we are and whether we are "doomed" which I personally don't buy into

• Like 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He did.

But then Iorfa got injured in the buildup; Shaw went off injured after a minute; Palmer went off injured at halftime; and Lees went off injured and left us down to ten men and with a back three of Odubajo, Paterson and van Aken.

:duntmatter:

Yeah but apart from that.....

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

There are signs but with some 6 or 7 first team players still in the squad from last season,its inevitable there will be some aspects of last season still likley to rear its ugly head....we must be patient....its all we have

How long do you give it though?

8 points adrift, when would it be too late to avoid the drop?

I wanted Monk gone at end of last season.

I have 0% confidence in him though give him some time this season.

The Rotherham, Luton and Wycombe matches are his last chance for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

There are signs but with some 6 or 7 first team players still in the squad from last season,its inevitable there will be some aspects of last season still likley to rear its ugly head....we must be patient....its all we have

Fans aren’t in the wrong though for suggesting what’s being served up over the last 9-12 months isn’t good enough. 

Today’s performance was just a very dull draw that seems to have become an acceptable performance just because we have set our bar so low. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I back up my opinions with facts...

You seemingly can’t manage that :laugh:

Facts? You avoided the question I asked 😆 

What years did McCsrthy have 'success' with Sunderland and Wolves?

The facts that I have stated are that he is unemployed (fact), nobody wants him (hence first point fact).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

And if that player has gone off injured and can't be replaced as other defenders have already gone off injured?

He picks another player that is on the pitch to do it........Its not as though Monk runs outta options week after week, 

Monk will be saying to whoever was marking him .."You should have kept tighter"...We are saying to Monk you should have gone for the second goal..The timidity we showed at times last year after dominating games, bit us on the backside time after time...happened again today..We can't afford that this season...I'm not saying its an easy job...but We simply can't sit back and ay "Oh well ...sh *t happens"..Cos thats not what Monk will be saying to the players

30 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You’re aware of how the lads body works then, you his physiotherapist. You must be in training with him each day then 

Having him sit in would be pointless as we needed a runner who could close down, hence Joey 

He’s a young lad with a handful of professional appearances, playing in a tough physical match today. Don’t forget he’s still getting up to speed 

Throwing on Joey didn’t cost us 3 bloody pts FFS, next 

At his age I could go cross country 20+miles a day in combat boots carrying 60/80 kg and go again the next day. 

Even at 40 I was doing 80 mins rugby on a Saturday, two hour long five a side sessions plus training and a 44+ hour working week and we had lads fitter than me. I just think a fully professional athlete should be fit enough to play a couple of games a week. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not seen the game, can't comment, but Radio 5 said we'd got the game sewn up with just a few seconds left to play, so just WTF happened after that?

Lees got injured thats what and so did Shaw and Palmer 

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Monks job is to PICK a player who is "Touch tight" on the defender....Thats what Monks job is

Simply how it works.....Its not a one off...Its been happening week in week out...look at our recent home form

I’m aware of that, not quite sure who else he could’ve picked though.  Bottom line is Van Aken wins that header or Luongo scuffs his shot and it’s game over.  Was far from a vintage performance but it would have been a vital three points that would no doubt have still disappointed some on here - not aimed at you. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but apart from that.....

Apart from that??, excuses aren't acceptable..Monk needs to pass that onto the players whoever they are....Harsh?

Definately it is harsh, but given the situation we are in..It has to be

We are f.ooked otherwise.

Simply the way it is.....

We can give reason after reason, excuse after excuse....Are we harsh...spot on we are, but what alternative do we have...?

Must do better 

Must do better

Must do better...

Or we whimper into league 1

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Absolutely not. We were getting into a groove, like you said earlier, Bannan finding players in space and creating opportunities. 

Seeing him come on was frustrating. He doesn't seem to get near the opposition, so not only was it a crackers swap, but he can't even do the job he's trying to do. 

Monks subs,since he came here overall have been strange...