GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

1 minute ago, cowl said:

I did the other day - posting a lengthy appraisal of Monk's time at the club. You met it with ‘IN OTHER WORDS MONK WAS RIGHT’. Or something like that. 

At least you didn't let it play on your  mind all week and moved on though mate 👊

#survivalist

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Can you point me to one single example when that's been the case under Chansiri?

He doesn't work like that

The last season was freakishly extended, prior to lockdown the fans had turned against Monk, had the season continued Monk would have gone due to the lower numbers of fans attending/leaving early in a poisonous atmosphere thus resulting in lower season ticket sales. Even though DC claims our ticket sales don't matter🤣 let's see how that works out. Add that to the unprecedented position of us starting a season on -12 points the start of this season was always going to be perilous. DC won't be the fall guy, Monk wiĺl. Regardless of how DC works, the combination of Monk's abject results, the current financial/support/merchandise loss added to the increasing pressure from the EFL to keep our house in order (i believe we are late with the next set of accounts) All adds up to DC not working as he normally does.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

In amongst absolute tantrums and dummy spitting

Let's eradicate the nonsense and up the quality as just hearing the same posters posting about the same reasons they want Monk gone over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over and  over and over and over and over is dull as dishwater now

If the reason is valid then that is why they post it.

The main reason being his 2020 record. 

It is that simple.

Just now, full fathom five said:

The last season was freakishly extended, prior to lockdown the fans had turned against Monk, had the season continued Monk would have gone due to the lower numbers of fans attending/leaving early in a poisonous atmosphere thus resulting in lower season ticket sales. Even though DC claims our ticket sales don't matter🤣 let's see how that works out.  

If we can't attend  games or sell tickets why would Chansiri sack Monk for lack of ticket sales????

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

At least you didn't let it play on your  mind all week and moved on though mate 👊

#survivalist

It's amazing that I can remember something that happened 2 days ago. But yeah, let's go full-on mature and discuss things sensibly. Please, lead the way...

• Like 1

Just now, cowl said:

It's amazing that I can remember something that happened 2 days ago. But yeah, let's go full-on mature and discuss things sensibly. Please, lead the way...

I am doing but (As usual) you're trying to derail the thread with immature personal attacks

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think a lot of fans are being realistic and are quite understandably fed up of conceding daft last minute goals. It’s a complete sucker punch and it’s happening time and time again. 

I said in pre-season, Monk has lost too many games to turn it around here. I’d love to back the bloke but the football is negative and I don’t agree with his tactics and I don’t get his decisions. 

He has his own men in now. He’s signed his own players. There’s no more excuses. But today was scarily familiar to last season. 

Pretty much. 

I saw the same sh*te I was largely watching last season. 

Slow and sluggish start with little in the way of tempo and energy. We picked up a bit in the second half and then a combination of bad luck and bad old habits came back to haunt us yet again. 

Honestly, what is Garry Monk's method for consistently winning games at this level? Because he's going to need to work one out this season, otherwise we are absolutely going down, no question. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think we've reached a point now where those who don't want Monk are just repetitively posting the same angry nonsense over and over again

We hear you

You don't want Monk

It would be refreshing if you could engage in a more intelligent mature manner and discuss things constructively, maturely, and sensibly instead  of just firing the same nonsense over and over and over and over again.

We get it

You don't want Monk

But come on... let's up the standard of debate a little eh?

You are the one who's running out of excuses after nailing your colours to the Monk mast. Instead of giving reasons to continue to back Monk your repeating angry nonsense trying to push your pro Monk stance over and over again.

Just now, full fathom five said:

You are the one who's running out of excuses after nailing your colours to the Monk mast. Instead of giving reasons to continue to back Monk your repeating angry nonsense trying to push your pro Monk stance over and over again.

DISCUSS THE TOPIC NOT THE POSTER

Ta

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Pretty much. 

I saw the same sh*te I was largely watching last season. 

Slow and sluggish start with little in the way of tempo and energy. We picked up a bit in the second half and then a combination of bad luck and bad old habits came back to haunt us yet again. 

Honestly, what is Garry Monk's method for consistently winning games at this level? Because he's going to need to work one out this season, otherwise we are absolutely going down, no question. 

I genuinely don’t think we’ll go down. We’ve cut the deficit in only 4 games so I don’t see any danger over the next 42

Lomg term I don’t see Monk being successful here. To succeed at Wednesday we tend to need a big personality. A manager who we believe in and can get behind. Monk isn’t it imo 

Edited by Django
  • Like 2