GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

I think it was about the 66th minute when we decided to sit back and at times have 7 players in the back line.  

I think it was a negative approach to take so early on, also as the home team. 

As others have said, we should have pushed on and finished them off.  

We also had two strikers on the bench but decided not to use them.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Its because we are "Ordinary"

Monk is an "Ordinary" manager

His tactics are "Ordinary"

we have "Ordinary" players

The whole set up set up is "Ordinary"

You can get by a season in the Championship with that..but this year 12 points deducted is EXTRAordinary

Thus just about sums it up for me, and us the reason we may well be relegated.  I haven’t been as angry / disappointed at the end of a game for a long time - this 2 points lost could be very important.  Whilst we did work hard, first half was so very poor and we were rarely better than “Ordinary” in the 2nd half.  

I thought Lees and Luongo deserved to come out as winners today, and Reach showed why he should be first choice LWB, but hard to find other positives for me.

2 hours ago, gandiaowl said:

Why was there no spare center half on the bench?  Where is Borner?   Why is Harris allowed to get away without passing when it is the obvious way to go.....every game?  What happened to midfield in the second half?  Why do we allow teams to get to our penalty area before making a tackle.  Why can’t our keeper catch a ball when jumping with player smaller than him.   Why can’t we play out the last few minutes of games? These and many more questions for the manager.   Our survival in this league depends on the manager getting these things right.   I have my doubts. 

Fair points well made, not sure what @AlbanianBananaDogis laughing about I suspect pork!

2 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Facts? You avoided the question I asked 😆 

What years did McCsrthy have 'success' with Sunderland and Wolves?

The facts that I have stated are that he is unemployed (fact), nobody wants him (hence first point fact).

Yep, all the things I said about Ipswich getting in the play offs, then going down after he left and winning titles at Sunderland and Wolves were facts. 

2005 and 2009. 

What years did Monk win titles at Swansea, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Birmingham or ourselves? 

Infant name a year Monk got any of those sides in the play offs? Even though he worked with huge budgets. 

He’s been out of work for 5 months having guided Ireland to Euro 2020. Only leaving as Ireland had a pre agreement that Stephen Kenny would take over this summer. 

Imagine if you’d been a Leeds fan when they appointment Bielsa because he was out of work eh :laugh:

Just now, Junglejay said:

I’m aware of that, not quite sure who else he could’ve picked though.  Bottom line is Van Aken wins that header or Luongo scuffs his shot and it’s game over.  Was far from a vintage performance but it would have been a vital three points that would no doubt have still disappointed some on here - not aimed at you. 

Aim it at me mate...I fully get your point...I don't have a problem....I don't fall out over opinions on a football game...but I simply see the room for error is f.ookin' limited this season, given the 12 point deduction....We simply have to keep any mistakes to a minmum, be it manager or player...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

What’s disgusting is the scramble to stick the knife in to the Manager and any player in a team you are supposed to support!!

4 players injured and even then it took until the 96th minute with only ten on the pitch for them to equalise. That’s Garry Monk’s fault is it? Rubbish!

I support Sheffield Wednesday.

And when I think there is a manager than should be sacked and players aren't good enough, It's because I think getting rid of them will be best for Sheffield Wednesday,

You want what's best for Sheffield Wednesday, just have a different opinion to how to achieve it!

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

How long do you give it though?

8 points adrift, when would it be too late to avoid the drop?

I wanted Monk gone at end of last season.

I have 0% confidence in him though give him some time this season.

The Rotherham, Luton and Wycombe matches are his last chance for me.

Need 9 points from that.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

We're an average team

An average team with a 12 point deduction.

We'll win some.

Draw some.

Lose some.

If we do that in equal proportions, which with this manager may be ambitious, we'll end up with 61 points; less 12 will leave us with 49 points. 

I actually think this is what is likely to happen, and it'll be hit n miss whether there are 3 worst teams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gandiaowl said:

Why was there no spare center half on the bench?  Where is Borner?   Why is Harris allowed to get away without passing when it is the obvious way to go.....every game?  What happened to midfield in the second half?  Why do we allow teams to get to our penalty area before making a tackle.  Why can’t our keeper catch a ball when jumping with player smaller than him.   Why can’t we play out the last few minutes of games? These and many more questions for the manager.   Our survival in this league depends on the manager getting these things right.   I have my doubts. 

Yes simple as. Should have gone in February 

• Like 3

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Long ball first half

Get a goal

We’re doing well and on top

Brings off FDB who is just getting into the game

Goes backs the the wall with 35 mins left

Inverts the wingers despite the wingers being on the right side serving us PERFECTLY WELL

Absolutely clueless joke of a manager

Only silver lining is that the Monk apologists can now see it clearly 

Oh and Van Aken was poo all day and bailed out a dozen times by Lees who was OUTSTANDING

fizz off Monk, UTO

Disagree with that you mothers

Exactly. Plus why bring on your last sub with so Long left?If someone gets injured that you are shafted. Which is what happened with Lees. Every time he makes substitutions we are  worse. He’s a liability 

7 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Why couldn't Lees just hobble about at the back for 2 minutes? 

He'd have cleared that final ball without taking a stride.

No feckin ballox, you wouldn't see a Wilder centre back wimping off in injury time with a 1-0 lead.

Not monks fault if our players are big girls blouses.

It's not a good look for Lees is it. Disappointed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Long ball first half

Get a goal

We’re doing well and on top

Brings off FDB who is just getting into the game

Goes backs the the wall with 35 mins left

Inverts the wingers despite the wingers being on the right side serving us PERFECTLY WELL

Absolutely clueless joke of a manager

Only silver lining is that the Monk apologists can now see it clearly 

Oh and Van Aken was poo all day and bailed out a dozen times by Lees who was OUTSTANDING

fizz off Monk, UTO

Disagree with that you mothers

Starting to wonder if this is Neil in disguise with the RANDOM CAPITALISATION of words lol

Edited by Carbone

Guest Therealrealist

The goal came after the official 5 mins injury time..lees spent that long sat on his arse pondering wether to carry on or not..either carry on o4 go straight off

6 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

It's not a good look for Lees is it. Disappointed.

Not at all. 

It wasn't like he was in total agony. Just looked a bit sore.

Just don't get it. 

You need players willing to die for the cause, not girls who walk off with 2 mins left cos they felt a bit of a twinge. 

I'm quite angry. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He did.

But then Iorfa got injured in the buildup; Shaw went off injured after a minute; Palmer went off injured at halftime; and Lees went off injured and left us down to ten men and with a back three of Odubajo, Paterson and van Aken.

:duntmatter:

Exactly not Monks biggest fan, and he is paid well to deal with difficult & changing circumstances.

But to berate Monk today is harsh in the extreme.

:Our best defender being injured a day before the game

: His replacement injured on 3 mins.

:His replacement injured on 45 mins.

:The remaining centre half injured on 85 mins.

A chain of events like this is a one in 10 season event 

Time to stick together & get behind the manager & squad.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Exactly not Monks biggest fan, and he is paid well to deal with difficult & changing circumstances.

But to berate Monk today is harsh in the extreme.

:Our best defender being injured a day before the game

: His replacement injured on 3 mins.

:His replacement injured on 45 mins.

:The remaining centre half injured on 85 mins.

A chain of events like this is a one in 10 season event 

Time to stick together & get behind the manager & squad.

Well said

That's the fairest summary of today I've seen

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Not at all. 

It wasn't like he was in total agony. Just looked a bit sore.

Just don't get it. 

You need players willing to die for the cause, not girls who walk off with 2 mins left cos they felt a bit of a twinge. 

I'm quite angry. 

players used to play for the love of the club , sadly that has gone thanks to the obscene amounts of money they get with a few exceptions that are few and far between ,

• Like 1