GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

Just now, Ian said:

depends on how much you know about his fitness at that point?

He didn't seem to be flagging, and unless he communicated to the bench he needed to come off, it's hard to fathom given how Paterson had already started to blow.

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

The frustration for me has come from more than one performance. Today is something we’ve seen too often.

I can’t get behind someone who doesn’t try to win football matches at home. 

1 win in 14 games at Hillsborough in 2020. 
3 first half goals in 12 months at Hillsborough.
Only lead once at HT at home in 12 months. 

When was the last time we really put a team to sword at Hillsborough? 

Jos luhukay against Norwich. 2018

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Long ball first half

Get a goal

We’re doing well and on top

Brings off FDB who is just getting into the game

Goes backs the the wall with 35 mins left

Inverts the wingers despite the wingers being on the right side serving us PERFECTLY WELL

Absolutely clueless joke of a manager

Only silver lining is that the Monk apologists can now see it clearly 

Oh and Van Aken was poo all day and bailed out a dozen times by Lees who was OUTSTANDING

fizz off Monk, UTO

Disagree with that you mothers

Monk apologists are still in denial

4 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I would rather keep Monk. The names being put forth previously are awful. We need to move forward with new ideas, not an old man with ancient ideas. For what it's worth I wanted Rowatt.

What year were McCarthys achievements that you point out with Sunderland and Wolves?

So McCarthy is good because he did nothing with Ipswich, left, then another manager came in and was worse? If he leads with that at job interviews I think he may struggle.

He had Ipswich punching way above their weight. Hence why they went down with about 3 wins when he left. 

Want to tell me the year of any of Monk’s title wins? Or even a year when he got a team in the play offs?

Mick’s experienced at this level. For a club in our predicament, I don’t think we could do better at this moment. I remember Cardiff fans saying the same of Warnock when

he was appointed. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why do you expect us to get relegated?

Do you not think our squad should be capable of 12 points more than any 3 teams in this division? Coventry, Rotherham, Wycombe, Luton, QPR for example?

We have been at least 12 points better than the worst 3 every season for the last 6 seasons, including under the hapless Jos.  

Squad no where near good enough and 12 points behind. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

A professional athlete should be fit enough and able to complete in his sport. Why if Monk thought he was tired didn't he  just tell the lad to sit in and let the ball do the work I've no idea. 

You’re aware of how the lads body works then, you his physiotherapist. You must be in training with him each day then 

Having him sit in would be pointless as we needed a runner who could close down, hence Joey 

He’s a young lad with a handful of professional appearances, playing in a tough physical match today. Don’t forget he’s still getting up to speed 

Throwing on Joey didn’t cost us 3 bloody pts FFS, next 

• Like 2

Just now, vulva said:

Squad no where near good enough and 12 points behind. Simple as that. 

Would you swap our squad with Rotherhm's Wycombe's. QPR's or Coventry's then?

We should be 12 points better off than 3 of those over the course of 46 games. If we took 4 points of each of them and matched their results in the rest of the games then we would stay up. 

An effective manager would make the team better than the sum of its parts as well. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you not think our squad should be capable of 12 points more than any 3 teams in this division? Coventry, Rotherham, Wycombe, Luton, QPR for example?

We have been at least 12 points better than the worst 3 every season for the last 6 seasons, including under the hapless Jos.  

Monk's proving to be as hapless as Jos (never thought I'd see the day we had another manager as bad as Jos)

• Like 1

Just now, full fathom five said:

Monk's proving to be as hapless as Jos (never thought I'd see the day we had another manager as bad as Jos)

He's making it difficult to argue otherwise.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Honestly? Probably not, do you? And if so what makes you think that 

Player for player, and taking the blue and white specs off, are we better than any of those sides, taking away Bannan and Luongo? 

In terms of quality this side is somewhere between 17-24th, it has shown that for the last year 

And last years results aren’t on bad tactics alone, that is impossible. They have to take a large share of the blame 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

He had Ipswich punching way above their weight. Hence why they went down with about 3 wins when he left. 

Want to tell me the year of any of Monk’s title wins? Or even a year when he got a team in the play offs?

Mick’s experienced at this level. For a club in our predicament, I don’t think we could do better at this moment. I remember Cardiff fans saying the same of Warnock when

he was appointed. 

Now I can say, "Wow" 🤦‍♂️

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So everyone has to doff their caps to him whilst blasting the current manager to smithereens?

Got ya

As at every club, the manager is brought in to get results, and is quite rightly judged on his results. Monk's record at Hillsbro is horrendous, there is no excusing it. He has failed and the buck for on field results stops at his door. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Does anyone think Pelupessy was the right sub to make 25 / 30 mins from the end of the game?

Absolutely not. We were getting into a groove, like you said earlier, Bannan finding players in space and creating opportunities. 

Seeing him come on was frustrating. He doesn't seem to get near the opposition, so not only was it a crackers swap, but he can't even do the job he's trying to do. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Thread title should be "are we doomed with a fanbase with the level of expectation that ours have given our points deduction, lack of squad quality, and inability to bring in the necessary quality of player to really make a difference'

Ah the old "if everything else fails blame the fans card" unfortunately us fans are powerless to effect what happens on the field of play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Its because we are "Ordinary"

Monk is an "Ordinary" manager

His tactics are "Ordinary"

we have "Ordinary" players

The whole set up set up is "Ordinary"

You can get by a season in the Championship with that..but this year 12 points deducted is EXTRAordinary

Chansiri has gone for "This manager, that manager"

The manager has gone for "this player , that player"

When even the blindest person can see that we needed to spend money on a Director of football...A proper no nonsense bloke that KNEW football

The money we have spent on misfits like Abdi and Rhodes would have got us one....

Chansiri's biggest and first mistake was not bringing in an experienced DOF the day he bought the club. 

• Like 3