Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC

2 hours ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

Yet another Monk fkup. We are in need of a decent first team keeper and we have one in Westwood. Why can't Monk get over himself and start playing him

Wasnt it dross lukuay that took him out initially, then Bruce brought him back? 

Hard to piece stuff together but you can’t help think he struggles to build a positive relationship with only certain managers. Clearly not bothered about the team and on such high wages i will be glad to have seen him gone. 

Yes its a shame because he’s been the best keeper we’ve had in 20 years but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture and whats best for the team, the fans and the club as a whole.

• Like 1

If you listen to Kirkland interview for under the cosh he alluded to the fact that Westwood has a bit of a name for himself in the game of a trouble maker and issues with his attitude. 

But to be fair to him he also says he didn't have any issues with him in his time here

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

If you listen to Kirkland interview for under the cosh he alluded to the fact that Westwood has a bit of a name for himself in the game of a trouble maker and issues with his attitude. 

But to be fair to him he also says he didn't have any issues with him in his time here

I have heard this, Kirkland said he was absolutely sound but I also wondered if that is because Westwood was first choice out of them?

Guest Grandad
6 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

I can’t wait for him to be gone as well. Mysterious shoulder injury that’s defied medical science must have cleared up.

Is that the injury that we were told he had - when he came out on Twitter and said he wasn't injured at all?

22 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Maybe he was really poor in his last few games is a factor

Can't be that. Dawson still playing regularly

Hasn't he bought or something to with the board at a non league club near Manchester?

For what it's worth Westwood for me has been one of the best goalkeepers I've seen at Hillsborough since big Kev. If you look on social media he still interacts with the fans, ive seen a few occasions when he's sent young Wednesday fans a signed pair of gloves or shirt. Like others have said such a shame its ended like this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Is that the injury that we were told he had - when he came out on Twitter and said he wasn't injured at all?

No, the Twitter stuff related to Jos saying he was injured then him saying he wasn’t.

It was just before he undermined his young understudies on social media with a snide comment relating to FIFA.

Most recent was the mystery shoulder injury when he was dropped and refused to sit on the bench.  Similar happened at international level and also during his time at Sunderland.