Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If he's the best keeper in the Championship and had no issues with being managed, clubs would be lining up around the block to sign him

He's not the best keeper in the championship he's the best keeper at Wednesday. We don't have any players who are the best in the championship

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Yet there are people would rather demonise the club and manager rather than question Westwood in all this. 

He cannot always be the victim as he is always the one common denominator.

The decision has been made to get rid and sooner the better for all parties Concerned, but mainly the club. 

Yes I know what you mean. What I would do if I was Monk at the time would be continue to play him and look to sell him, he's easier to sell if he's playing. Now if he's not bought and his form stayed poor I would swap him in for the other keeps and when their form became bad again bring Westwood back in for another run. Eventually we may get to the nice position of knowing definitevely that  Dawson is better than Westwood. However as he just froze him out we are left with this odd situation where we have an enigma who doesn't get to play at the frustration of many fans.

Just now, Willow Owl said:

Yet there are people would rather demonise the club and manager rather than question Westwood in all this. 

He cannot always be the victim as he is always the one common denominator.

The decision has been made to get rid and sooner the better for all parties Concerned, but mainly the club. 

Why do we have to demonise the player either? No need to "demonise"anybody. Anyway criticism or questioning is not demonising. 

He's the best goalkeeper we've had for many years. Now his time at S6 appears to be over, certainly while the current manager - who has achieved nothing in his time here just like the last bloke who dropped Westwood - is in place. So be it. Players come and go - no need to castigate them.  It will play out as it plays out. If someone has inside information then fine but otherwise it's speculation about a dispute between a potentially mardy goalie and a couple of potentially no-mark managers. Stand easy.

• Like 2

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yes I know what you mean. What I would do if I was Monk at the time would be continue to play him and look to sell him, he's easier to sell if he's playing. Now if he's not bought and his form stayed poor I would swap him in for the other keeps and when their form became bad again bring Westwood back in for another run. 

WOW

Just..... 

WOW

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

But they were. We were 3rd in the league? Form dramatically deteriorated when he was frozen out for the good of harmony.

If you can put Westwood into your side and get results  WHERE ARE ALL THE CLUBS LINING UP TO BUY HIM TO DO THAT FOR THEIR TEAM?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mrbluesky
6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No it happened twice and neither can say they were right to do it seeing as results get worse when he's out and better when he is in

Again we keep hearing that it's good to get rid of trouble makers but I don't care how much of a happy environment the Wednesday dressing room is and how much the players love each other I am concerned about us winning and with him we win more

The point is that he hasn't done anything that bad, he's not beat anyone up, racially abused anyone, got anyone drunk and forced them to drive. It seems he has just had a disagreement with Monk.

Monk has not moved forward. He is only in a job because DC is very patient

Results>workplace harmony

You`re reading everything with a negative slant, because you can`t get your head around it ,I`m saying it purely from the managers stand point, it matters not what anyone thinks, Monk is obviously implementing HIS way forward, and for whatever reason KW isn`t in them.

Again this is nothing new, take a look at our latest recruit

Who knows, Monk may be of the opinion that the 2 keepers in front of him, are overall better, he see`s them in training everyday, not us. 

Just now, mrbluesky said:

You`re reading everything with a negative slant, because you can`t get your head around it ,I`m saying it purely from the managers stand point, it matters not what anyone thinks, Monk is obviously implementing HIS way forward, and for whatever reason KW isn`t in them.

Again this is nothing new, take a look at our latest recruit

Who knows, Monk may be of the opinion that the 2 keepers in front of him, are overall better, he see`s them in training everyday, not us. 

Yes I get this it is Monks way, I am arguing he isn't right to do it this way. Wildsmith and Dawson may well be better now after all the time Westwood has been training with the u23s or whatever.

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Why do we have to demonise the player either? No need to "demonise"anybody. Anyway criticism or questioning is not demonising. 

He's the best goalkeeper we've had for many years. Now his time at S6 appears to be over, certainly while the current manager - who has achieved nothing in his time here just like the last bloke who dropped Westwood - is in place. So be it. Players come and go - no need to castigate them.  It will play out as it plays out. If someone has inside information then fine but otherwise it's speculation about a dispute between a potentially mardy goalie and a couple of potentially no-mark managers. Stand easy.

The only managers we have had who have achieved anything in the last twenty years are Dave Jones and sturrock. That “achievement” was promotion from league 1. Every other manager we have had have achieved nothing.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yes I know what you mean. What I would do if I was Monk at the time would be continue to play him and look to sell him, he's easier to sell if he's playing. Now if he's not bought and his form stayed poor I would swap him in for the other keeps and when their form became bad again bring Westwood back in for another run. Eventually we may get to the nice position of knowing definitevely that  Dawson is better than Westwood. However as he just froze him out we are left with this odd situation where we have an enigma who doesn't get to play at the frustration of many fans.

Dont know who it was but someone on here will remember when ,before Monk came someone at the club said something like " we cant play a goalkeeper who cant move "

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why do you keep repeating this as if nobody has answered you?

Because you haven't answered it

You're claiming Westwood should be in the side because he's a great keeper and brings results

You're saying that managers should just manage him and get the best out of him

But there's not a SINGLE MANAGER or club  in the world who's willing to

Why is that?
Where are they all?
Why is nobody wanting him?

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Every other club in the WORLD disagrees with your view

Which is why not a single other club is interested in him

Just because he's the best goalie we've had for years doesn't necessarily make him attractive to other clubs, nor does it make him the current best in the division. I've never said that. Just amused by the snarkiness about a player who has served us much better than the managers who dropped him.

I don't see people queueing round any block to buy Dawson or Wildsmith either. 

• Like 3