Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC

Garry Monk spoke this morning on Westwood and how he hopes that he will be gone soon

He’s with the U23s, getting his fitness up, and is looking to get himself out on loan or to another club.

I’m hopeful for him and for us as a club. That’s all in the hands of the club and my focus is on the games. We’ve got an important game this weekend and that’s all I’m dealing with.

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk spoke this morning on Westwood and how he hopes that he will be gone soon

He’s with the U23s, getting his fitness up, and is looking to get himself out on loan or to another club.

I’m hopeful for him and for us as a club. That’s all in the hands of the club and my focus is on the games. We’ve got an important game this weekend and that’s all I’m dealing with.

I can’t wait for him to be gone as well. Mysterious shoulder injury that’s defied medical science must have cleared up.

22 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Chelsea needing a bench warming second goalie. Westwood used to not playing and earning loads. Ideal for him. Probably get a wage increase as well  

Havnt got far enough down the thread, though I'll be surprised to be the first one to say... Never happen, Westwood dosent do sitting on the bench, he'd conveniently pull something in the warm up. 

39 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Chelsea needing a bench warming second goalie. Westwood used to not playing and earning loads. Ideal for him. Probably get a wage increase as well  

I don’t think he’d be second choice somewhere like Chelsea. Third choice like Lee Grant and Scott Carson are at Man Utd and City though, I could see him somewhere like that.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

But what happened at Christmas.? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Will he be allowed to leave on a free, or if on loan will we be open to paying sum of his wages.

If the answer to either of these questions is no then expect Westwood to still be here come next May.

I think even DC must realise he's got no transfer value. 

Wage contribution may depend on the suitor. DC has (quite rightly in some circumstances) been reluctant to subsidise strengthening opposition teams. Options are thin on the ground though, nobody will want to pay his full wage, can anyone in L1 afford even 50% of his wage if he were to drop down a league?

Suspect he'll sit out the season sat at home. Hardly been inundated with interest in the last 12 months while he's been available.

1 hour ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

Yet another Monk fkup. We are in need of a decent first team keeper and we have one in Westwood. Why can't Monk get over himself and start playing him

Congratulations

It's almost like you've managed to avoid  taking in ANY other factors at all

Quite the achievement

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

The situation with Westwood has not changed over the last few months which makes me think that, if someone wanted to take him on loan, there would probably be a done deal in place by now. I suspect we might well be stuck with him now till May next year.

Having said that, given how inept Jordan Pickford looked in the game against Fleetwood a week or so ago, Everton could do much worse than at least have a look at him !

• Like 1