Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

But nobody wants to buy so you gotta get the best out of him and that is the managers job. He can't have done anything that bad or he would have been sacked.

It's difficult to know Chansiri's part he can't win either way if you talk like that as it would be regarded as interfering if he told Monk he must play

Wish people would stop saying that he would be sacked/contract terminated as if it was an easy thing to do. Football Players are incredibly protected and it very rarely happens, especially higher up the pyramid. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest mrbluesky
6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

But nobody wants to buy so you gotta get the best out of him and that is the managers job. He can't have done anything that bad or he would have been sacked.

It's difficult to know Chansiri's part he can't win either way if you talk like that as it would be regarded as interfering if he told Monk he must play

And if Monk wants to move forward because we are unable to sell, is to keep him away from the first team and place him with the Under 23`s, it has nothing to do with "anything that bad" it`s to do with moving forward.

Nothing to do with interfering, with regards to the chairman, the chairman should keep well away, it`s more to do with the clubs predicament (restrictions), that hasn`t helped this situation.

If you want an example, look no further than our latest recruit.  

39 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What's that, making boxes in the box room? It's a far cry from professional football where a decision to put someone on gardening leave is basically not having them work at all at the cost of a small fortune

Cost is irrelevant when talking about keeping workplace harmony though.

Like i've mentioned earlier in the thread, if we can sell him then great. If nobody wants him then we're stuck.

It's not worth the imbalance and affect on others.

Obviously this is all hypothetical as none of us know what's gone in.

• Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nailed it

If he's THAT good where are the clubs wanting him?

Same with the others who've already left. Fletcher and Fox aside, non have really gone anywhere of note.

Someone will now say FF at Udinese but that's clearly a leisurely arrangement. He's been there before, knows owners etc.

• Like 1

I am sure he's a nice enough bloke but he is obviously a bit mardy and it is bad if he is setting a bad example to the younger players.

Clearly freezing him out would be no one's first resort. They must have tried to get him to change his ways but it would appear that with some managers that has not happened.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

I am sure he's a nice enough bloke but he is obviously a bit mardy and it is bad if he is setting a bad example to the younger players.

Clearly freezing him out would be no one's first resort. They must have tried to get him to change his ways but it would appear that with some managers that has not happened.

"He's the best keeper in the Championship" they cry

If that's true where are all the clubs that would want to sign him?

Maybe even a lower premier league club would show interest in the 'best keeper in the championship' and could afford his wages

SO WHERE ARE ALL THESE CLUBS TO BUY THE 'BEST KEEPER IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP' ?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What difference does it make?

The point being it always seems to happen to just one player - the same player every time - Westwood

Quite the coincidence 

No it happened twice and neither can say they were right to do it seeing as results get worse when he's out and better when he is in

9 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I’m not a big Monk fan, but I’m not gonna criticise him for this. Clearly, there are others at the club who should be doing their best to move Westwood out and it hasn’t happened. Westwood may  have a bad name now and other clubs think the combination of injury, the march of time and threat to harmony In their squads, make him too big a gamble. Somebody will come in for him eventually, but if he can’t get the same money, it will tell us more about him if he decides to just stay and collect the dosh every month, rather than go and play.  Trouble makers in any work environment can cause serious disruption and it doesn’t matter if they are in an office, or rich footballers the effects are the same. I’m sure Monk would have loved to get him onside, same with Hutch and Forestieri. 

Again we keep hearing that it's good to get rid of trouble makers but I don't care how much of a happy environment the Wednesday dressing room is and how much the players love each other I am concerned about us winning and with him we win more

8 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Wish people would stop saying that he would be sacked/contract terminated as if it was an easy thing to do. Football Players are incredibly protected and it very rarely happens, especially higher up the pyramid. 

The point is that he hasn't done anything that bad, he's not beat anyone up, racially abused anyone, got anyone drunk and forced them to drive. It seems he has just had a disagreement with Monk.

7 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

And if Monk wants to move forward because we are unable to sell, is to keep him away from the first team and place him with the Under 23`s, it has nothing to do with "anything that bad" it`s to do with moving forward.

Nothing to do with interfering, with regards to the chairman, the chairman should keep well away, it`s more to do with the clubs predicament (restrictions), that hasn`t helped this situation.

If you want an example, look no further than our latest recruit.  

Monk has not moved forward. He is only in a job because DC is very patient

6 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

Cost is irrelevant when talking about keeping workplace harmony though.

Like i've mentioned earlier in the thread, if we can sell him then great. If nobody wants him then we're stuck.

It's not worth the imbalance and affect on others.

Obviously this is all hypothetical as none of us know what's gone in.

Results>workplace harmony

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

No it happened twice and neither can say they were right to do it seeing as results get worse when he's out and better when he is in

Again we keep hearing that it's good to get rid of trouble makers but I don't care how much of a happy environment the Wednesday dressing room is and how much the players love each other I am concerned about us winning and with him we win more

The point is that he hasn't done anything that bad, he's not beat anyone up, racially abused anyone, got anyone drunk and forced them to drive. It seems he has just had a disagreement with Monk.

Monk has not moved forward. He is only in a job because DC is very patient

Results>workplace harmony

Literally nobody is gonna  read all that

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think Westwood has been demonised, but seems likeable enough to me. You don't hear many rumours of him being a terrible person, just that he can be frosty. Is that justification of being frozen out? He can't have done anything *that* bad. 

Yet there are people would rather demonise the club and manager rather than question Westwood in all this. 

He cannot always be the victim as he is always the one common denominator.

The decision has been made to get rid and sooner the better for all parties Concerned, but mainly the club.