Staying up

I thought you were going to state we should keep calm and not get carried away by winning one from 46, and that we should still realise we're in a relegation fight this season.

But every game is winnable, and I really hope we can pull off a strong home performance v Watford and make it -6 by next Saturday evening.

Up the magnificent, blue and white wizards!

WAWAW

• Like 4

We're going to find it much harder at home with the tactics we'll likely employ. Last time out was perfect for us as we could just counter with Windass and Brown

IMO we don't yet have the squad to break down opposites. 

That said, Watford will fancy their chances against us...which might help us play like an away team at home.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

We're going to find it much harder at home with the tactics we'll likely employ. Last time out was perfect for us as we could just counter with Windass and Brown

IMO we don't yet have the squad to break down opposites. 

That said, Watford will fancy their chances against us...which might help us play like an away team at home.

Monk’s meat and potatoes tactics will probably benefit from there not being a crowd.

We could treat every home game this season as though we’re away.

Its awful to watch but no one will be bothered if it gets the results that keeps us up.

• Like 2

Saturday gave us all hope. We were rank outsiders and we won well.

Received lots of praise from independent sources who are not normally known for praising Wednesday.

The Cardiff manager also used some words about us such as determined and resolute. Accepted that when they come up against a team like that it should be 0-0. Tells me we did things correctly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

There's no reason why we can't - said in another thread, in the 07/08 season we lost our first 6 games and managed to stay up just. So we were on 0 after 6.

That squad had Rob Burch, Peter Gilbert and Wade Small included, plus a decrepit Lee Bullen. 

I would be over moon to be on 0 points after 6, would be a cracking start to season.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I have no doubt we’re staying up. In fact, I expect us to make play-offs at least. I think we now have one of the best Championship “teams” in the league. There was a calmness, a certain “smartness” about how we played on Saturday which I don’t even remember from the Carlos years. It’s something I’ve seen in the teams that have been promoted. Albeit, one is a rather small sample size... but I am confident. Plus, there’s still a small chance that our points deduction might be reversed/reduced.