Staying up

40 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I have no doubt we’re staying up. In fact, I expect us to make play-offs at least. I think we now have one of the best Championship “teams” in the league. There was a calmness, a certain “smartness” about how we played on Saturday which I don’t even remember from the Carlos years. It’s something I’ve seen in the teams that have been promoted. Albeit, one is a rather small sample size... but I am confident. Plus, there’s still a small chance that our points deduction might be reversed/reduced.

Please hold on to that thought and opinion when we lose our first few games! 🙂

We need an unbeaten run of sorts a good draw against Watford if we don't get a win would still be progressing, just depends how other teams go on. 

We could do with three or 4 teams really struggling to get points early on which would allow us to hopefully catch up early enough to relieve any pressure. 

If we can sneak 5/6th  bottom before Christmas then it's a good position to be in. If it drags on after Christmas we'll struggle as we'll still be in the dogfight. 

We probably need another 57-59 points to stay up, from 45 games - an average of about 1.3 points per game.  It "should" be doable, but we'll see.

Then again we're currently averaging 3 points per game, or 138 points over the season - that should just about be enough to get promoted lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
48 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Please hold on to that thought and opinion when we lose our first few games! 🙂

I better go and delete my season predictions from the last 2 years, before anyone else reads this :ph34r:

Edited by HillsboroughOwlNI

2 hours ago, No Uniform said:

6 points from staying up already? 

3 hours ago, oldishowl said:

If we win Saturday we will be 6 points away from staying up.

It will depend on how we do against the bottom 4 or 5 clubs.

Need to beat them

Probably 56 points away from stopping up?

5 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

If we can be on 0 after 6 games to be that’s a fantastic start , you would imagine after 6 there will be a few teams on very low points like 4 , 5 

If monk gets us to 0 in 6 games then itll be the best start we have had to a season with any manager

4 hours ago, waddleisgod said:

I have a feeling, we will get our points punishment reduced by 3 to 6 points, if we do then that will give the whole club such a boost that play offs will be the target!!!

Calm down bud,

Cardiff was a great result..

But tougher games to come.....