The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

Wolves had Uniteds number last night.

They matched them up numbers wise in the wide positions where United like to overload with players, this stopped United getting as many balls into the box. Newcastle did the same last year and United had no other answers.

Then hit Uniteds slow back 3 with pace. Dead easy all you need is a player like Traore.

• Like 3

Hope they lose every game but I do think they’ll be ok if they sign a striker, certainly a far harder season regardless. I think Fulham, West Brom, West Ham look very weak, which will save them.

Some of their transfer business has been bizarre, and not really added much to the promoted side at all. Ramsdale replacing Henderson makes them a lot weaker, probably to the tune of 5-10 points over a season. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I predict Wilder will mention how much Wolves, Newcastle, Villa have spent in his post match interview.

Whilst conveniently ignoring the best part of £100 million he has spent on Berge , Robinson, Mousset, Mcbernie, Freeman, Osborn, Ramsdale, the Derby pair, etc.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dykwim said:

What’s the score with them legally now? Does McCabe still own the ground or did he have to sell it to the prince? Or is it all still ongoing?

The Prince has to buy it off him by Christmas iirc

Prob why they haven’t spent much as he’s  probably using the TV money to do so

46 minutes ago, Django said:

Thanks, I couldn’t find any info. Fascinating situation. I love how McCabe managed to sign a contract that made him give the club away to someone who only put £1 investment in 🤣. Some top legal advice right there. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dykwim said:

What’s the score with them legally now? Does McCabe still own the ground or did he have to sell it to the prince? Or is it all still ongoing?

2 hours ago, Django said:

The princes holding company (blades leisure Ltd) took out a massive mortgage to buy it back. So the club don’t actually own it. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Whilst conveniently ignoring the best part of £100 million he has spent on Berge , Robinson, Mousset, Mcbernie, Freeman, Osborn, Ramsdale, the Derby pair, etc.

And to be fair out of all them I'd say its only Osborn who's looked alreyt in bits I've seen of them, the rest of them very average, 2 of them have already left.

9 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

And to be fair out of all them I'd say its only Osborn who's looked alreyt in bits I've seen of them, the rest of them very average, 2 of them have already left.

I think Berge will come good. Looks like he has that compusure that you can't really teach.

• Like 1