The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

Lolz! Told you, burns and mouse are absolutely pants and terrible value for money. Desperate for a really good striker for several years now and whilst he could get away with it in the lower leagues he cant avoid it anymore, but uses majority of money on an average keeper. Crazy

Brewster maybe the answer, but is he seriously worth £25m when he only has 1 half of a senior season experience in a lower league!? Another big gamble if they buy him outright for that sort of money which hopefully will bite them on the backside. 

As for Berge, I've not seen anything to say he's anything like Norwood with regards to passing! He also looks uncomfortable playing high up the pitch

2 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Lolz! Told you, burns and mouse are absolutely pants and terrible value for money. Desperate for a really good striker for several years now and whilst he could get away with it in the lower leagues he cant avoid it anymore, but uses majority of money on an average keeper. Crazy

Brewster maybe the answer, but is he seriously worth £25m when he only has 1 half of a senior season experience in a lower league!? Another big gamble if they buy him outright for that sort of money which hopefully will bite them on the backside. 

As for Berge, I've not seen anything to say he's anything like Norwood with regards to passing! He also looks uncomfortable playing high up the pitch

Brewster could be either a massive flop or they’ll turn him into a 60-70m player. 

He was goos in the Champ last year but I’m still not sure he’s ready for step up 

I think some sides might suss them this year - they’ll not go down, but it’ll be bottom 7-8 

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Brewster could be either a massive flop or they’ll turn him into a 60-70m player. 

He was goos in the Champ last year but I’m still not sure he’s ready for step up 

I think some sides might suss them this year - they’ll not go down, but it’ll be bottom 7-8 

Tbf McBurnie looked good in the championship. If he is for sale, Liverpool obviously don’t think he will make the cut.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Just seen that tackle from last night, how is that not a red card!?!?

Awful tackle.

Don't know how they get away with it? That must be said half a dozen times a season at least usually about Sharp.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

Hmm.

91472-79bdb6064afdcae5517fdc8be8cdfc59.j

And then we get this delightful comment :

image.thumb.png.d6f9fdda8af25cc6ce3bc2d61db35cf8.png

What a knucklehead, absolutely disgraceful lack of intellect in the way he uses "of" instead of "have".

About right for them as they are everyone’s 2nd team dem blades and they aren’t allowed an obvious red 🤣

11 minutes ago, sheffieldblue said:

The rascals have got a Charity shield success on their honours list.

Dont think thats right. Theyve never even played in it

Yeah but if they had played in it they'd have at least drawn and shared the trophy so it's only fair

Surprised they don't have the Champions League on there for the same reason

Remind me again of the charity shield story will ya? Was it something along the lines of they should have played but didn't for some reason so they just said they'd won? 

Onto modern day stuff, really hoping villa aren't caught cold the way man u were yesterday. Chrissys humble battlers will have the advantage of a full game under their belt, that's a lot of pashun stored up for players who aren't paid a lot. 

• Haha 1

On 18/09/2020 at 07:16, TodwickOwl said:

blockquote widget

I can't get rid of this comment box for some off reason on phone. 

But, Brewster not favourite to join Palace. 

Wonder if Wilder has anyone else lined up incase this doesn't go through? 

Brewster agent will no doubt be driving the wages up for his client with a few clubs interested. 

Edited by Skyline

13 hours ago, sheffieldblue said:

The rascals have got a Charity shield success on their honours list.

Dont think thats right. Theyve never even played in it

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Remind me again of the charity shield story will ya? Was it something along the lines of they should have played but didn't for some reason so they just said they'd won? 

The "Charity Shield win" that they refer to is actually the Sheriff Of London Charity Shield, a predecessor of the current one which was briefly played between the best professional and best amateur clubs in the country, rather than the league champions vs FA Cup winners format which began later. Not quite sure how it worked and if they rotated the professional side between the league and cup winners or something, because Wednesday were league champions in 1903 and 1904 yet played in it in 1905.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheriff_of_London_Charity_Shield

In 1898 dem blavdes drew twice with Corinthians and therefore shared the trophy. Yet they're still falsely claiming it as a "Charity Shield win" on their honours list, proudly displaying it alongside all those semi final defeats - so tinpot. Wednesday won it outright in 1905 but don't even bother mentioning it in our honours list on the website, just the "real" Charity Shield win in 1935 and runners up in 1930. We didn't play in it after winning the league in 1929, that was one of the years in the 1920s where they did a "Professionals v Amateurs" game instead.

• Thanks 1