The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

I've had a little wager with a friend that they will go down this season. Ageing squad with limited front line movement, a very lateral midfield and a defensive structure that caught out teams once. It's not going to catch them out twice.

I know I am posting this after they were humiliated by Wolves, who are only a top 10 team at best (that's not an insult to Wolves, more a reflection of the strength on the EPL) but I can't see them doing anything but struggling this season.

Wilder is their trump card. Maybe he can pull it out of the bag again. But apart from his amazing man management, he has a lot of limitations.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I've had a little wager with a friend that they will go down this season. Ageing squad with limited front line movement, a very lateral midfield and a defensive structure that caught out teams once. It's not going to catch them out twice.

I know I am posting this after they were humiliated by Wolves, who are only a top 10 team at best (that's not an insult to Wolves, more a reflection of the strength on the EPL) but I can't see them doing anything but struggling this season.

Wilder is their trump card. Maybe he can pull it out of the bag again. But apart from his amazing man management, he has a lot of limitations.

Hmm. Hope you're right, but Wolves are a V good side, and pigs showed enough second half to suggest they're still capable of being competetive. I think they'll finish about 14th.

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hmm. Hope you're right, but Wolves are a V good side, and pigs showed enough second half to suggest they're still capable of being competetive. I think they'll finish about 14th.

They are a good side. A very good side would be the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, but I'm honestly not arguing the point.

I think Wolves sat back in all honesty, and let then get back in to the game. It wasn't Uniteds possesion and skill, more a lack of urgency from Wolves. They were coasting - mentally - and switched off. If I was Santo I would have tore a strip off them for their second half performance.

But hey, just my opinion and who knows where they will end up.

• Like 2

Mousset out for a bit, ligament damage under his toe or summat. Wilder said keeper could do nothing about the goals. I reckon he should have stopped the 2nd. He also says other teams would have folded but they didn't, pash un, blades, fight, spirit, team, determination, battlers, humble, not expensive, we go again blah blah oink oink snort. 

Enjoyed watching them lose tonight. Topped off a good few days sports wise. 

• Like 2