The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

34 minutes ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

More bad news!!

They’ve missed out on Ched the ripper!! 
he’s off to Preston. 

8475934D-BB99-4C8F-ABC4-135A7E9FBCCD.jpeg.0c476325da86357e9c20c64f9f2f0b30.jpeg

Putting aside what anyone might think of him as a bloke, what has he done football wise for years that would make him an attractive signing for a Championship club? To be honest, I have heard so little about him for so long that I assumed he'd given the game up.

25 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Putting aside what anyone might think of him as a bloke, what has he done football wise for years that would make him an attractive signing for a Championship club? To be honest, I have heard so little about him for so long that I assumed he'd given the game up.

Hasn't scored a Championship goal for ten years. Think he has a half decent scoring record at Fleetwood but he's 32 now. Probably gets contracts based on one really good scoring spell in his career - like Jordan Rhodes, but more rapey. 

• Haha 7

Just now, alanharper said:

Hasn't scored a Championship goal for ten years. Think he has a half decent scoring record at Fleetwood but he's 32 now. Probably gets contracts based on one really good scoring spell in his career - like Jordan Rhodes, but more rapey. 

Just been looking at his Wiki page. He's done better at Fleetwood than I thought but I am not really much of a follower of that club or League One, so that kind of explains it. I have not heard his name mentioned anywhere for ages until the recent sacking thing.

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

If they’ve got 15 players all earning 40k a week, that’s at least £30m a year in wages on top of the £120m they’ve spent on making their squad worse... you can add on a bit more for agent fees, signing on bonuses, etc as well as wages for the other players and coaching staff

I don’t 

lol 

Don't forget to add in the transfer fees that are being paid, presumably over the duration of the contracts, so another £40m p.a. for the next couple of years.... plus the gazillion pounds per year that wilder negotiates upwards every year.......oh and the loans to pay back McCabe....starts to add up even with parachute payments

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Because they’re trying to make the point that Wilder hasn’t got any real wages firepower 

And the bog roll prince just blew that out of the water by basically confirming they’ve moved all their humble players to over 40k

So that’s the likes of John Fleck, Edna Stevens and George Baldock all on £40k a week.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me.lol

9 hours ago, trev said:

Hope they put some major relegation wage reduction clauses in those contracts.

They were probably too busy trying to remove European football increase clauses though as that was nailed on.....

If they haven't, then they are totally screwed financially if they go down. They've already borrowed the TV money for the next few years so i can see a Sunderland or Pompey style meltdown heading their way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

If they haven't, then they are totally screwed financially if they go down. They've already borrowed the TV money for the next few years so i can see a Sunderland or Pompey style meltdown heading their way.

They aren't. They get absolutely millions in parachute payments

5 minutes ago, smhouston said:

They aren't. They get absolutely millions in parachute payments

They've already splurged that.

They've got a wage bill now at 50 million plus, 120 million gone on players, no gate receipts in the foreseeable future, they've paid McCabe goodness knows how much and the TV income for relegated clubs reduces each year after relegation so they won't even have enough to cover the wage bill!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

They've already splurged that.

They've got a wage bill now at 50 million plus, 120 million gone on players, no gate receipts in the foreseeable future, they've paid McCabe goodness knows how much and the TV income for relegated clubs reduces each year after relegation so they won't even have enough to cover the wage bill!

Is that really the case though? As in, do the accounts show it? 

Just found this (Premier League Prize Money 19/20) which shows last season alone they received £130m

image.png.05062cbaef4c257792d60ee8207c3c07.png

Given they'll have done 2 seasons in the PL, and 20th received about £90m last season and then relegated teams get another £100m in parachute payments - so what's that...£330m? That leaves them pretty healthy despite them spending £120m~ on players and the McCabe money (which surely cannot amount to that much?)

21 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Is that really the case though? As in, do the accounts show it? 

Just found this (Premier League Prize Money 19/20) which shows last season alone they received £130m

image.png.05062cbaef4c257792d60ee8207c3c07.png

Given they'll have done 2 seasons in the PL, and 20th received about £90m last season and then relegated teams get another £100m in parachute payments - so what's that...£330m? That leaves them pretty healthy despite them spending £120m~ on players and the McCabe money (which surely cannot amount to that much?)

How much does he owe the Bin Ladens ?