The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

3 hours ago, Loxley Owl said:

This is quite a tweet:

I thought he had done that a few weeks back. Didn't the Prince say that Wilder would be the manager they wanted even if they were relegated? Not sure how much more public backing is needed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

The landlord is a big blunt nowadays sadly. Not like the old landlord Roger the owl. He wouldn't have let that happen. 

I’d be more scared of Janet! Miss the old Banner, was a great boozer when they owned it. Coming back from Hillsborough after the Wycombe match was absolutely brilliant in there

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven’t been in for years either... gave it a try when it changed hands but it just wasn’t the same.

The final straw was when I went for a píss and they were playing Michael bloody McIntyre’s “comedy” on the speakers in the toilet... sounds like it’s gone even further downhill if the bus driver is drowning his sorrows in there now, what a shame

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

When you are blaming a goal that wasnt given in the previous season as the reason for being the worst team in the history of top flight English football then you truly know you are about to reach Peak Piganomics.

I saw a few posting (seriously) that as they are a humble club (they didn't word it like that to be fair) and don't want to overspend (eeek) relegation was all part of the long term plan and they'll build again in the Championship and go up stronger and still financially secure :tango:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Loxley Owl said:

This is quite a tweet:

What he's done this season is certainly remarkable and memorable. It will be a pub and sports quiz question for years to come 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Has anyone got a link to that forum where the grunters used a lot of our fans predictions for their 1st season in the Prem where they were laughing because we were saying they wouldn't do very well and get relegated, might be worth a re-read now it all applies :tango:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1