The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

7 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

I thought insurance companies had a policy to only pay out third party claims if the driver is prosecuted for excess alcohol (assuming the reports are correct and he is convicted). That will be one fekkin' expensive write off he has on his hands.

Might have changed but knew a guy wrote his car off while drunk and arrested at scene. Insurance paid out, apparently they didn't even ask for a crime number let alone anything more

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, darklord said:

Might have changed but knew a guy wrote his car off while drunk and arrested at scene. Insurance paid out, apparently they didn't even ask for a crime number let alone anything more

I think that I read it somewhere but it might be a policy of some insurance companies and not others. If the insured damages property or causes death or injury whilst over the prescribed limit, they will pay damages to the third party involved but not any losses directly incurred by the insured. I am pretty certain you are supposed to provide information about impending prosecution when making an insurance claim.

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Jim Phipps has humbly been suggesting that a great deal of the current starters are on between £40k and £55k per week and that Wilder should be accountable!

It's really funny how they are talking down the wages that they pay, as if only paying a player £1m p.a. excuses their poor performances

It truly is the underdog mentality that is totally engrained down there....I guess the accounts will tell all eventually

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1