Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

On 30/12/2020 at 22:16, FreshOwl said:

These Man Utd fans doing my nut in thinking their in a title race. They may be 2nd but they will NOT win the title in a million years. Feel free to quote this in May 

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we get a surprise Man U, Leicester or Villa title this year but Liverpool are still huge favourites

Feels weird putting Manchester United in the surprise category. 

11 hours ago, flo said:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we get a surprise Man U, Leicester or Villa title this year but Liverpool are still huge favourites

Feels weird putting Manchester United in the surprise category. 

I still think Liverpool will comfortably win it. Problem nowadays is people change their mind after every result. Spurs were going to win it a few weeks back, now they’ll be lucky to get top 4 apparently 

Once we get more into the season I do think Liverpool will pull away again 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I still think Liverpool will comfortably win it. Problem nowadays is people change their mind after every result. Spurs were going to win it a few weeks back, now they’ll be lucky to get top 4 apparently 

Once we get more into the season I do think Liverpool will pull away again 

If the season is halted due to coved and the players get a decent rest period, I think Liverpool will go on to win it.

If not, and the schedule remains as packed as it currently is for the next five months, I reckon Man City will come to the fore. 

They've perhaps been playing within themselves and conserving a bit more energy, yet they're still within touching distance of the others.

I thought this Graham Potter bloke at Brighton was supposed to be revolutionary and they brought him in to move away from the tactics of Hughton?

Playing Dan Burn as a full-back/wing-back is a Pulis type move and won't work against a player like Adama Traore.

Guest Bulgaria

Watching Newcastle v Leicester... Is there a team that relies on one player like Leicester do with Vardy?

If he leaves, retires or gets injured, leicester would struggle.

My spies inform me that if this would happen to be the case, they would look to Paterson to step in.

Guest Bulgaria
16 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

That HUGE banner behind the Brighton goal

We are Brighton

Super Brighton

From the South

That's terrible.

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Watching Newcastle v Leicester... Is there a team that relies on one player like Leicester do with Vardy?

If he leaves, retires or gets injured, leicester would struggle.

My spies inform me that if this would happen to be the case, they would look to Paterson to step in.

Leicester are great to watch.  I not sure they rely on him but their system works perfectly with a player like him in there.

Spurs rely more heavily on Kane I think.  I'm sure there's some stats out there to demonstrate both are rubbish without their respective marques. 

Watching the Chelsea V City game and can't help but think Lampard is on borrowed time.  Anyone with a pair of eyes could see last year they couldn't defend for toffee, so he goes out and signs £200m worth of forwards.  One of them can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo at the minute yet gets in the team every week when they have Giroud sat on the bench who scores a goal about every 9 minutes he plays!

Just not bothered...